IL DTI Manager Trainee
Mount Sterling - Illinois (IL),
Dot Transportation, Inc.
Location: Strafford, MO or St. Joseph, MO Department: Dot Transportation, Inc. (DTI)
Reports To: Sr. Transportation Manager
Your Role Initially, this person will spend a significant amount at the terminal locations to learn key components of transportation, management, recruiting, retention, operations, and safety. This position is designed to provide upward mobility, assuming availability, within 1-2 years.
- Recruit drivers by building relationships with local trucking schools and community organizations
- Manages to the terminal staffing plan by hiring qualified drivers and managing location turnover
- Conducts driver reviews
- Supports overall dispatch and traffic management goals
- Coordinates training for drivers based on individual performance within key areas
- Assists with budget preparation and execution
- Manages the on-board computer system and hours of service for all drivers
- Leads continuous improvement efforts while applying lean thinking and tools to eliminate waste
- Supervision – Assigned CDL A drivers
- Travel – Approx. 8-12 nights per month. Must have ability to travel independently as needed, without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train for training or meetings.
- On-call responsibilities
We Need You To Have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Effective verbal & communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs
- Proven leadership, planning & organizational skills
We’d Like You To Have:
- Degree in logistics, supply-chain management or transportation.
- Experience in budget development & business analysis
- Willing to relocate
- Ability to embrace & facilitate change
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive benefits including 401(k) & profit sharing
- Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.