Banker / Teller Full-Time
Plano - Illinois (IL), 60545
Midland States Bank
What’s in it for you?
Becoming a Universal Banker is a great way for career-minded individuals to join an organization where they can gain experience in the world of finance and banking while identifying opportunities to improve the financial wellbeing of our customers. We hire and develop future leaders! Midland provides ongoing training and development opportunities to help you build a career.
We offer –
Minimum starting wage for this position is $13.00/hr., up to $15.24/hr., depending on skills and level of experience.
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Life / Disability / Competitive 401k + Match
- Paid time off – 2 weeks’ vacation, 5 sick days , 2 personal days and 10 paid holidays
- Paid maternity / paternity / adoption leave
What will you be doing?
- Providing exceptional customer service through an eye for detail and focus on solutions.
- Accurately processing customer account transactions, balancing a cash drawer, and safeguarding against fraud.
- Engaging customers in conversation with an understanding of deposit and lending products & services.
- Assisting with basic deposit account openings, basic lending and maintenance requests with monitoring and coaching provided by a more senior level employee.
- Skillfully identifying correct product types through needs-based questioning to build and deepen customer relationships.
- Cross-selling bank products and referring clients to other lines of business within the bank.
- Confidently driving sales through service and knowledge to achieve personal and team goals.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to accurately count money and handle large amounts of cash.
- Sales and excellent customer service skills.
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and transport coin and currency bags as required (bags may weigh between 25lbs and 50lbs)
Midland States Bancorp, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.