Patient Support Specialist - PC
Fort Wayne - Indiana (IN), 46804
Midwest Eye Consultants
Estimated salary $31,200 - $60,000 a year
POSITION SUMMARY: Patient Support Specialists assist at various offices within their region, performing administrative and clinical functions in support of Primary Care technicians, opticians, and patient services representatives. Specific assignments will be dependent upon workload and staff availability.
- Perform essential daily duties per the requirements and responsibilities of the position being performed: Technician, Optician, or Patient Services.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate, or equivalent
- Previous experience in optometry environment is preferred
- Proficient in EHR, including exceptional keyboarding skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT (per ADA guidelines):
- Physical Activity: Standing for sustained periods of time, Stooping, Grasping, Lifting, Talking, Hearing.
- Physical requirements: Light work. Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs on a regular basis from floor to waist, 5 lbs from waist to shoulder, and 5 lbs from shoulder to overhead.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.