Tipton - Indiana (IN), 46072
Midwest Eye Consultants
Estimated salary $32,000 - $60,000 a year
POSITION SUMMARY: The office manager works in partnership with the doctor(s) and regional manager to ensure that the business operations run smoothly and professionally. The Office Manager is accountable for the success of their practice. This position requires strong leadership skills with the ability to elevate staff, deliver exceptional care, and develop the practice as a whole.
- Staff Management:
- Conduct Patient Interaction Assessments based on relationship and communication with patients.
- Conduct Staff Performance Assessments following Best Practices in performance of core responsibilities.
- Recognize and Connect with staff through open lines of communication and coaching.
- Performance Management:
- Identify opportunities for practice growth, provide recommendations regarding appropriate strategies, administer plans of action, and monitor effectiveness of such efforts through appropriate measures and review.
- Monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of your practice through review of medical documentation, data collection, MWEC program compliance, and quality assurance studies.
- Identify opportunities to improve current processes and improve staff training.
- Maintain an active community presence through continuous involvement in Eye on Community events.
- Asset Management:
- Monitor compliance with the organization’s confidentiality policy in accordance to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Maintain MWEC processes to ensure compliance with the organization’s policies and guidelines set by relevant regulatory agencies.
- Monitor and protect all practice assets including the building/grounds, clinical and office equipment, inventory levels, and all other practice-owned resources.
- Risk Management:
- Provide insight into key areas of risk and identify areas that need monitored to minimize risk, ensuring compliance with rules and regulations.
- Review Facility Documentation Requirement List and ensure 100% compliance.
- Key Performance Indicators (Financial Management):
- Monitor appropriate management of financial
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate
- Minimum of 1 year previous management experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred
- Experience in optometry is preferred
COMPETENCIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty.
- Decisive leadership with above-average judgment
- Attentive to detail with strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with decision making and problem solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Polite and professional
- Able to effectively multi-task
- Ability to lead, motivate and promote a team environment
- Ability to build and maintain good rapport with doctors, staff, central support, and patients.
- Ability to obtain knowledge and skills on the job or through educational courses
- Available to work a flexible schedule, additional hours as required, including nights and weekends
- Proactive and adaptable, with the ability to work under pressure to accomplish projects and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness
- Report for scheduled work hours in a dependable and timely fashion, pursuant to MWEC attendance policy
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT (per ADA guidelines):
- Physical Activity: Standing for sustained periods of time, Stooping, Grasping, Lifting, Talking, Hearing.
- Physical requirements: Light work. Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs on a regular basis from floor to waist, 5 lbs from waist to shoulder, and 5 lbs from shoulder to overhead.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.