Overnight Route Driver
Des Moines - Iowa (IA),
Atlantic Bottling Company
Overview/Function: The Overnight Route Driver plays a key role in the sales process of Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company products, making deliveries to various customer locations. They may also help in setting out and/or rotating new product and adjusting point-of-sale displays. The hours for this position are 7:00 p.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday through Friday.
- Follow work orders and standard operating procedures (SOPs) while making deliveries of Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling company products to customer sites along designated route
- Follow all DOT laws and company policies and standards.
- Unload vehicle at customer site, moving product to designated location(s), filling shelves, rotating stock, building displays, and receiving prior unsold goods (credits)
- Follow all safety regulations. Maintain clean and orderly work area at customer site to ensure safety for themselves and customers.
- Ensure professional contact with customers and maintain a clean and neat appearance at all times in order to favorably represent the company and iconic Coca-Cola brand image.
- Ethical conduct is expected at all times.
- Other duties as required.
Experience & Qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED.
- No greater than 2 moving violations, and no OWIs in the last five years
- Class A CDL with air brakes is required. (We will help candidate to obtain.)
- Excellent customer service communication skills in order to interact with customers. Must provide professional contact and appearance with customers which upholds Atlantic Bottlings brand image.
- Ability to read and follow directions and work orders
- Ability to follow all safety requirements/protocols
- Customer-focused and an excellent
- The role will travel to various customer sites; each environment will differ as a result.
- This position is very active and requires the employee to stay alert and focused while driving. They will frequently lift and/or move items up to 55 lbs. (Moving equipment and tools will be provided to reduce strains and injury.)
- Standing, walking, twisting, grasping, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, sitting, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing will be required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The route driver will frequently interact with customers. The ability to climb stairs is also needed.
- To accomplish their tasks, the position will need to work around variety of weather environments which Iowa offers (i.e. sun, rain, sleet, rain, snow, cold, heat)
- The role is considered a safety sensitive position.
Note: No posting can contain a fully comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required in this role. Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company offers a dynamic, ever-changing environment requiring flexibility and a willing, team-based attitude. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
To ensure the safety of our employees, our customers, and our products, Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company offers a drug-free workplace. Employees are subject to pre-employment/post-offer physical, drug screen, and random drug testing.