$19.70 - $21.50/hour - Pella, IA - 3rd Shift Shipping Wareho...
Pella - Iowa (IA),
Estimated salary $19.70 - $21.50 an hour
$1,500 Sign-On Bonus!!!
Pella Corporation, located in Pella, Iowa, is looking for individuals interested in joining our Warehouse Operations team on 3rd shift.
Be part of a winning team that emphasizes professional growth and development. A window of opportunity is open for individuals seeking meaningful careers with a strong, people-focused company headquartered in the nation's heartland: Pella, Iowa!
At Pella, we're all about building great windows and doors, strong customer relationships, and the rewarding career you've always wanted. Pella Corporation is proud to be a privately held, professionally managed company.
Our team members are able to grow from cross-functional experiences, an abundance of development opportunities apply themselves in individual contributor roles or lead areas of the organization. We know you will find the right opportunity with Pella!
SUMMARY OF AVAILABLE POSITIONS:
Ø The Logistics Operator works as part of a team operating powered industrial vehicles to pick-up and distribute parts and fenestration product. In addition, he/she will be responsible for line locating and inbound trailer unloading activities. The team member’s assigned team and task will vary based on business necessity.
Ø The Senior Warehouse Operator works as part of a team operating powered industrial vehicles to pick-up and distribute parts and fenestration product. The Warehouse Senior Operator's assigned team and task will vary based on business necessity.
PELLA CORPORATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Pass drug screen
- Pass pre-work ability screen
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Pass pre-employment tests
- Work in a team environment with the ability to communicate in a concise, polite and respectful manner
- Noise level requires hearing protection in designated areas
- Seasonal high temperatures and humidity
- Heavy lifting required
- Comply with safety, quality, and production requirements and procedures
- Regular/dependable attendance required
- Flexibility of work hours including overtime
- Able to work with and around moving equipment
- Must maintain a PIV license.
- Must be able to unload inbound freight and accurately locate product in the warehouse
- Responsible for accurate and efficient loading of outbound trailers
- Operate a hand-held wireless computer terminal
- Ability to rotate to other positions as needed
- Other duties may be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Manufacturing experience is preferred
- Job specific experience is preferred
SKILLS AND TALENTS:
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Decision making/problem solving skills
- Time Management
- Lift up to 100 lbs. at waist level and up to 70 lbs. at shoulder level up to an occasional basis when moving products
- Push or pull with up to 100 lbs. of force up to an occasional basis when moving products
- Generate up to 90 lbs. of grip strength up to an occasional basis with each hand while handling products
- Generate up to 15 lbs. of pinch strength up to an occasional basis with each hand while handling products
- Display average coordination with both hands up to a continuous basis while performing job tasks
- Perform elevated work up to an occasional basis when handling products
- Stoop, kneel or squat up to an occasional basis when handling products
- Reach forward and to the side up to a frequent basis when handling products
- Stand up to a continuous basis and walk up to a frequent basis during the course of each shift
- Able to perform repetitive tasks up to 12 hours per day