Multi-Media Graphic Designer
Sioux Center - Iowa (IA), 51250
Farmers Cooperative Society
Find your career with Farmers Coop Society today! We are a progressive coop in a growing industry, committed to providing the highest level of service to customers.
We strive to promote from within and offer a range of great career opportunities. You ll enjoy doing rewarding work, receiving competitive compensation, and excellent benefit packages.
When you join Farmers Coop Society, you ll be joining a cooperative that has been proudly farmer owned since 1907.
Overall Job Function:
The Multi-Media Graphic Designer would create and develop traditional print design, website design, general graphic design, and video media development. This position would create design work for advertisements, brochures, magazines, and corporate reports, designing a wide variety of things across digital and offline media. You will help create effective and consistently branded creative designs for Farmers Coop Society and our Retail Store (The How-To Building Center).
Essential Job Functions:
- Knowledge of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, advertisements, and multimedia design
- Strong knowledge of video production which includes: pre-production, production, and post-production.
- Create and develop video and graphic content for all social media platforms
- Develop effective designs and layouts including print and digital publications, catalog, direct mail pieces, newspaper advertisements, brochures, banners, business cards, log development, etc.
- Design and preparation of digital promotions including e-newsletters/e-blasts, websites, banners, social media, marketing collateral, etc.
- Attention to detail on accuracy and quality, and a critical eye for design aesthetic
- Proven ability to successfully multi-task, meet tight deadlines, while paying attention to details and keeping within budget.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to be flexible as project and management needs change, all while balancing competing demands.
- Self-starter who works well independently and in a team environment with a strong interest in graphic design.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written skills, with the ability to quickly build effective working relationships with individuals in a variety of business functions.
- Positive outlook and professionalism in all aspects of daily tasks.
- Supports a consistent professional image of the company.
- Observes safety policy and procedure as an absolute.
- Attitude of positivity and reacts calmly under pressure.
- Work ethic of the highest integrity.
- Commitment to dependability and willingness to work to meet goals and deadlines
- Technical art or graphic design training or instruction; Associate Degree in Applied Arts, Graphic Design, or Commercial Art.
- At least 3 years experience of professional graphic design experience working with print, web, and digital media.
- Expert knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premier Pro.
- Strong, refined design talent.
- Provide 3 - 5 portfolio examples with your application.
This position is based in a fast-paced agricultural setting and is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and vibrations. The employees is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate but occasionally may be loud. PPE will be provided and must be utilized according to safety standards. Typical working hours are based on customer and organizational demand; hours may be long, irregular and including weekends and holidays during peak season.
While performing job functions the employee will be required to talk and hear most of the time. The employee will spend frequent intervals moving and sitting, while also needing to reach, bend, twist, crawl, crouch, stoop or kneel. The employee will need to be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and maneuver on and off a mobile equipment. Ability of close, distant, color and peripheral vision is required; along with accurate depth perception. The physicality of this job is .
- 401k Company matches 50% up to 10%
- Vacation & Paid Holidays after 30 days of employment
- Company bonus incentive
- Excellent health insurance plans
- Dental & Vision available
- Short & Long Term Disability provided at no cost to you
- Life Insurance
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Clothing Allowance
- 10% Discount on purchases at the How-To Building Center
- FCS job descriptions are a representation of a job requirements knowledge, skills and abilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. After reading the contents of this job description, I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I acknowledge that I have received a copy of this description for my records. I realize this document is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position; however, Farmers Cooperative Society reserves the right to revise, add or eliminate job functions and duties as conditions warrant. I also understand that I may be required to work overtime, different shifts or hours outside the normally defined workday or workweek to achieve the company s goals. I further understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment, nor alter my status as an at-will employee.