Customer Service Representative
Traer - Iowa (IA),
Receives and bills for merchandise, accept payment, waits on customers, and assists the location manager by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stocks shelves or counters with merchandise
- Answers telephone and assists customers with billing and statement questions.
- Bill products, receive payments, run scale, track inventory including handling grain transactions at an agriculture retail site.
- Assist location manager with maintaining grain, petroleum, feed, and agronomy records.
- Accept and record prepayment and bookings for products.
- Clean and maintain display, counter, and public areas.
- Removes cash and reconciles amount of cash in register at end of day and prepares deposit.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and commercial insurability at all times.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Team Work - Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Dependability - Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of grain and inventory software.
Certificates and Licenses:
May be required to maintain a current weighing license and grain grading certificate.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
PCP Level: 3
Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
Thank you, for your interest in Heartland Co-op. Be sure your contact data is current, as further communications with applicants can or may occur by e-mail, text, or phone!