Service Specialist I, Phones
West Des Moines - Iowa (IA),
The Service Specialist I is the first level of Service Specialist and is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to external and internal customers by attending to and resolving inquiries and/or providing information for assigned area / products. Works to meet or exceed the customer’s expectations and achieve top level customer service standards across all areas of operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to internal / external customer calls, emails and other forms of communications, resolving inquiries promptly, efficiently and professionally.
- Communicates answers and solutions to customers verbally and/or in writing.
- Researches questions and/or issues to identify causes and solutions and/or disseminate accurate information to customers.
- Utilizes and navigates multiple computer systems, applications, and procedure tools to access and identify information.
- Collaborates with teammates, internal and external customers in creating solutions for different customer issues and situations.
- Discusses with manager and team on ideas / ways to improve efficiencies in department; collaborates and works with team promoting a positive and professional work environment.
- Regularly communicates status of pending work and promptly responds to manager emails requiring a response.
- Takes initiative in learning and accurately following departmental procedures for each task.
- Begins to train on Level II operational tasks per departmental guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Direct Reports: 0
General Description of Indirect Reports (2 and 3 downs): 0
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
LOMA designation (such as FSRI, ACS, or FMLI) is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Mathematical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to actively listen to internal/external customers.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to regularly exhibit positive and professional behavior individually and amongst the team.
This description covers the major purpose and essential functions of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each task is to be performed. Employees may receive other job related instructions and be required to perform other job related work requested by their manager. All requirements are subject to possible modification to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.