Permanency Case Manager
El Dorado - Kansas (KS), 67042
TFI Family Services
- Manages a caseload of Permanency placements.
- Assess the need for placement, safety, family strengths and needs, and placement resources for the child and care provider/kinship caregivers.
- Plans for and facilitates permanency and assists care providers and kinship caregivers in providing a safe, nurturing environment for children in their care.
- Maintains a close working relationship with public and private agencies involved in providing Permanency services/support.
- Conducts and coordinates assessments.
- Ensures the accuracy, content and completeness of child/family case records.
- Coordinates Permanency Program and requirements with public and private agencies.
- Conducts case planning conferences at required intervals.
- Facilitates family preparation for permanency through training, family to family mentoring, family assessment, consultations, home visits, etc.
- Works in concert with the Adoption Coordinator to facilitate requirements for PRT through public/private agencies and the court system and prepares the child for special needs adoption as required.
- Works in concert with the Independent Living Coordinator to prepare children for independent living and to support those placed in an independent living environment.
- Provides 24 hour, on-call support to the children/families served. Provides crisis intervention, when required.
- Meets the individual needs of children in kinship care and assists caregivers to provide a stable and loving home for relative children.
- With the assistance of Care Management staff, ensures children are placed in appropriate placements in the time lines required.
- Supports the After Care Case Manager in ensuring follow-on support services are accomplished after permanency is achieved.
- Compiles monthly statistical data and reports and forwards to appropriate agencies.
- Completes documentation and forwards reports containing descriptive, analytical and evaluative content.
- Coordinates with Agency staff, and staff from external public and private agencies, on the delivery of services to children and families.
- Must demonstrate the following:
- Ability to understand and assist with the role changes that occur in foster and kinship care.
- Ability to counsel regarding issues of separation and loss for the child, family, and caregiver.
- A commitment to a child's right to belong to a family.
- A commitment to preserving, whenever possible, a child's connection to the family of origin.
- A commitment to reunifying a child with his/her biological family.
As a valued employee you will receive:
A competitive compensation and benefit package including:
- 20 days of Personal leave
- 10 paid holidays
- Annual merit salary increases
- Annual longevity bonuses
- 100% retirement match up to 5% of income
- Education Tuition Assistance
- Assistance for Clinical Supervision
- Annual Christmas Bonus
- Agency Vehicles available and mileage reimbursement (if personal vehicle is used)
- Microsoft Surface Pro provided for Case Managers, Supervisors, and Directors
TFI Family Services, Inc. is a leading child welfare agency providing experience, compassion, quality services and care. Our strength as an organization lies in the fact that we do what is best for children and families. TFI continues to create new resources and develop innovative solutions as we work to meet the needs of families and children.
We provide various types of services to the community including foster and kinship care, domestic and international adoption, counseling support and education, TIPS-MAPP training and visitation and exchange centers.
TFI Family Services is the parent company providing services in Kansas and Nebraska. We expanded our service area through our affiliates: TFI Family Connections in Oklahoma and Texas Family Initiative in Texas. Pathway Family Services is an affiliate in Kansas offering additional services to youth and families.
TFI Family Services, Inc and affiliates are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
We are committed to diversity in its leadership and staff and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQI individuals, and people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
All inquiries and applications will be kept confidential. Applications will be reviewed and eligible candidates will be contacted about interviews. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis; we expect to receive resumes from many qualified applicants and therefore highly recommend submission as soon as possible.
Based on the hiring criteria involved with this position, background checks will be conducted if selected for employment. This includes, but not limited to: Fingerprinting, MVR, KBI, CANIS and drug screening.
For more information about our company and what we do, please visit us at:
TFI Family Services, Inc.