Construction Project Specialist (Rehabilitation Specialist)
Johnson County - Kansas (KS),
Johnson County Kansas
Estimated salary $22.85 - $30.91 an hour
A career with Johnson County Government is more than just a job, it is an opportunity to serve a diverse and expanding community in meaningful ways. We challenge ourselves to be a different kind of government because we care deeply about our community and each other. The Johnson County Human Services Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Construction Project Specialist (Rehabilitation Specialist) to work in the Housing Division. A successful Rehabilitation Specialist balances the expectations of all parties to a project: homeowner, contractor, County and funding source. The Specialist is involved in every aspect of assigned construction projects, from writing specifications to approving the final invoice for payment. Please apply if you have worked in Apartment/Hotel/Motel Maintenance; Facilities Maintenance/Management; Construction Inspector/Foreman/Superintendent or similar positions. First review of applications will be on January 3, 2020.
- Minor Home Rehabilitation (MHR) Program: Prepares scopes of work and cost estimates for assigned MHR projects in accordance with program guidelines and limits. Perform Building Systems Inspection for assigned MHR projects. Identify health, safety, accessibility and codes issues present. Follows Federal, County and municipal funding source procurement policies. Coordinates functions of assigned contractors from Notice to Proceed through Final Inspection.
- HOME Investment Partnership (HOME) Program: Prepares scopes of work and cost estimates for assigned HOME projects in accordance with program guidelines and limits. Perform Building Systems
- Johnson County Housing Services: Cooperate and assist other Housing functions with Tier II Site-specific Environmental Reviews, Housing Quality Standards inspections and other relevant activities.
- HDP3 Pricing/Specifications Database: Maintain current pricing and specifications in HDP3 data base for use in preparing accurate cost estimates and thorough scopes of work. Modify HDP3 database as appropriate to reflect current and realistic pricing information as well as accurate and concise specification descriptions.
- Training and Development: Attend relevant trainings to maintain required certifications (LBP and HQS). Participate in County and HUD trainings to enhance professional skills.
An Associate's degree in residential building systems, construction science, engineering, or relevant field; two (2) years of experience with housing construction, trades, building codes or relevant residential remodeling, construction project management or relevant experience; and one year leading, directing, supervising, or coordinating the work of others is required.
One (1) year of experience with residential construction pricing/specification computer software and one (1) year of direct experience with HUD-funded rehabilitation programs and LBP Risk Assessor within 6 months of hire is preferred.
Experience can substitute for education.