Network Admin I
Mission - Kansas (KS), 66202
Summary: At IDEOLITY, a Network Admin works as part of a team of peers who provide comprehensive, professional managed I.T. services to a wide assortment of knowledge organizations in the KC Metro area that range from five to 200 users in one or more locations. This position does not supervise other employees but works in a team environment. For company information, go to IDEOLITY.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Consistently compose clear and understandable spoken and written communications with clients and team members.
- Work with team members to design, specify, configure, install and maintain local area network hardware, software, and telecommunications services such as firewalls, routers, managed switches, host and virtual servers, personal computers, system software, software applications, printers, servers, routers, bridges, modems, cabling, and Internet service providers.
- Establish and maintain network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
- Consult with clients to recommend or develop solutions consistent with the organization’s objectives.
- Research and evaluate new technologies.
- Test and install software upgrades.
- Monitor and implement backup and disaster recovery procedures.
Years of experience in the discipline of Information Technology: 1 or more
Education Level: some college coursework required
Career level: Entry level-to-mid career
Microsoft certifications: required within six months of hiring at IDEOLITY
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate most of the following competencies and possess skills necessary to support them:
A superior Information Technology skill set grounded in Microsoft software products, including the ability and experience to install, configure, deploy and troubleshoot desktop and server software, cloud applications and database management software
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information
- Collects, researches and documents
- Ability to envision and design work flows and procedures
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses
- Pursues training and development opportunities
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Communicates changes and progress
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Develops alternative solutions
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics