Human Reosurces Coordinator (Parks
Olathe - Kansas (KS),
City of Olathe, KS
$51,752 - $65,000 a year
City of Olathe Parks & Recreation is a consistent leader in national public sector customer service results and is recognized by the Kansas City Business Journal as one of Kansas City's "Healthiest Employers." Our Parks & Recreation Department is setting the standard through its vast recreational programming and award-winning parks and trails. We plan for and provide public services to enhance the quality of life for residents of Olathe and surrounding communities.
We are seeking an innovative, knowledgeable, organized self-starter to join our team to provide leadership, support and coaching for our staff. This person will be a key leader on our executive team. The Human Resources Business Coordinator is responsible for performing and administering human resources support functions for our diverse Parks & Recreation Department which include the Olathe Memorial Cemetery, historic sites, housing services and facilities maintenance. We have approximately 117 full-time employees, with a peak seasonal and temporary base of more than 700 employees. This role encompasses a wide variety of specialized and technical functions, working with the City's central Human Resources Department. Be an integral part of a fun, innovative and active lifestyle environment.
- Assist with facilitation/documentation preparation of personnel related matters and projects.
- Perform all pre and post recruitment administrator duties in an applicant tracking system to
hiring manager, respond to inquiries from job applicants and perform all requisition and
posting closure processes; coordinate the use of contracted temporary employees.
- Assist hiring managers with editing job posting description, interview guidance, development of
qualifications. Initiate DISC predictive or other assessments, schedule interviews and conduct
reference checks as requested. Assist and train users with and HRIS applicant tracking
- Provide customer service in-person and by telephone; screen, respond or direct human
employment verification requests.
- Administer post-offer pre-employment background check, physicals, drug screens and agility
- Administer new hire paperwork completion and data entry of new hire information in an HRIS
- Perform specialized technical and administrative functions to include: preparation and data
prepare User Request Forms as needed.
- Follow-up on workforce changes; prepare weekly recruiting report, prepare and provide
of weekly Workforce Optimization meeting.
- Facilitate and track participation of on-boarding for new employees and supervisors. Ensure
- Maintain and input departmental employee information and records in HRIS system; extract
- Conduct ongoing employee training needs analysis to identify resources/options for training.
- Maintain department and division organization charts.
- Manage and maintain accuracy for certification pay – validate employee eligibility.
- Administer processing of employee training records, certification pay and additional duty pay.
- With guidance, assist employees with personnel information and interpretation of policies and
- Serve as department liaison to coordinate online learning and assign new user licenses;
supervisors and employees to match development needs; assign training to users.
- Frequently interact with Central HR as a liaison for employee, position control, recruiting
- Maintain high standards of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience: Five years of combined Human Resources and Administrative Support experience preferred. Working knowledge of J.D. Edwards Enterprise One and NeoGov systems is a plus. .
Education. Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or a related field is desirable. IPMA or SHRM Certification, preferred. Must be HIPPA trained to provide Human Resources support.
Must possess a valid Driver's License, with a good driving record.
Must successfully pass a supplemental background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen.