Shipping and Receiving Manager
Olathe - Kansas (KS), 66061
Illinois Tool Works Inc.
Estimated salary $39,311 - $56,790 a year
The Shipping and Receiving Manager is responsible for providing leadership to all personnel in the Shipping and Receiving department. This role will direct, mentor, train, evaluate, and manage warehouse staff. The Shipping and Receiving Manager will collaborate with management team to develop and implement short and long-term strategies and help build and promote a strong teamwork environment in all areas. This role will support the preparation and deliver annual performance reviews for all Shipping and Receiving employees in collaboration with the Shipping Supervisor. This position is located in Olathe, Kansas.
- Responsible for starting the shift to coordinate all call-ins, people assignment changes, and to distribute work orders and pick tickets.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipment.
- Ensures proper orientation and training for hourly employees, observe employee activities and provide feedback and positive reinforcement on work methods, work quality, productivity, and attitude.
- Appropriately handle employee questions, concerns, and follow-up on issues with the intent to maintain a positive work environment.
- Oversee preparations, including scheduling of international shipments to achieve On Time shipping performance.
- Complete necessary documentation requested for tracking attendance, productivity, behavior, and safety incidents.
- Lead continuous improvement activities to improve processes and drive accountability.
- Implement and drive lean methods to eliminate waste and improve value stream of processes.
- Monitors inventory to ensure appropriate levels. Requisitions new materials as appropriate.
- Perform cycle counts as necessary to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Ensure forklift operators are efficient, effective, and properly trained and follow all applicable environmental, health, safety, quality, and work rules and regulations.
- Ensures work area is clean, secure, and well maintained. “Tour Ready” condition
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining good communication and working relations with company personnel and management.
- Arrange daily/weekly meetings with staff as appropriate to review overall
- Supports the Operations Manager in creating an 80/20 culture throughout the facility and in developing manufacturing standards, processes, and KPI’s. Using Lean Manufacturing and 5S practices.
- Identifies, manages, and develops talent to maximize individual and team effectiveness. Fosters a culture of
- Coaches through feedback, develop personnel to ensure appropriate back up/successors in all key positions. Coach and groom direct reports for excellence while documenting their progress and cross-training to provide adequate coverage in key areas. Performance management.
- Establishes or adjusts work plan to meet customer demand.
- Develops, supports and monitors activities that foster teamwork within the group.
- Foster, communicate, and exemplify the values of ITW; act with integrity and trust, operate with simplicity, treat
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field with 5+ years Distribution/Shipping and Receiving experience or equivalent combined experience.
- Experience in a shipping management role in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP); SAP, JDE, AS400, Microsoft Dynamics Navision a plus.
- Must have working knowledge of spreadsheet software, inventory software and order processing systems.
- Experience in Lean and/or continuous improvement environments utilizing tools such as Kaizen, Kanban, visual workplace, 5S, etc.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
- Knowledge of or certified in the use of Regulatory compliance for DOT, IATA, and IMDG shipping of hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Experience with Logistic Supply Chain. LTL/Truckload and International Tariffs, Schedule B tariff codes, and ECO terms.