Reimbursement Specialist Financial Services Unit
Overland Park - Kansas (KS), 66210
Kindred At Home
I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, including Gentiva, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
As a Reimbursement Specialist, you will:
- Work in a team environment to ensure all payments received daily are posted the same day for all lines of business.
- Post and balance payments at detail level by batch.
- Records denials, credit balances, partial payments, balance bills and paid in full invoices at time of application.
- Enter adjustments, refunds, denials, cash movements, and correspondence into Accounts Receivable system from imaging workbaskets.
- Work directly with collectors and payers to resolve any issues.
- Work under general supervision.
- Abide by and demonstrate the company Mission – Vision – Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Review daily lockbox receipts and matches check copies to batch tickets from bank to ensure all items have been received.
- Prepare check copies and backup for scanning by inserting separator pages and counting total number of pages to be scanned.
- Key payments at detail level into Accounts Receivable system by identifying correct patient and dates of service. Any unidentified payments are applied to the branch or
- High School Diploma or the equivalent plus one year accounting related experience generally required.
- Knowledge of healthcare explanation of benefits is necessary.
- Effective analytical and communication skills also required.
- Quality customer service experience, Microsoft Office applications, basic competency in mathematical calculations and excellent data entry skills also required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.