Behavior Technician II Infant Development Center
Shawnee Mission - Kansas (KS),
AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: BE Smith Family Center, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Varied Shift, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Provide direct therapy under the supervision of the BCBA to assist children to develop maximum cognitive, language, self-help, social, and motor skills.
- Collaborate with other team members including physical, occupational, speech-language and music therapists as well as early childhood special educators and BCBA.
- Provides parent training and education individually and in a group setting.
- Collaborate with director and social worker on individual child and family needs and accessing community resources
- Train and educate students, interns, volunteers, and patient’s family members.
- Support the Britain IDC and staff by helping to maintain a clean and hygienic environment.
- Maintains organization in the Pathways classroom and other areas.
- Assists the BCBA with organization of data and individual children’s programs on a daily basis.
- Maintains a professional team relationship with co-workers by being considerate of workloads, assisting with duties, and being supportive toward their continuedgrowth.
- Communicates honestly and confronts issues and problems in a private setting.
- Respects each discipline’s expertise and knowledge; doesn’t question someone’s expertise in front of the patient/family.
- Punctual with returning phone calls and emails, and for scheduled work hours, meetings, and patient treatment.
- Utilizes computer access confidentially, appropriately and following HIPAA guidelines, including appropriate use of social media.
- Completes all charges and documentation in accordance with department practice, policy, and procedure in a timely fashion.
- Provides quality patient care skills/procedures in a manner that takes into account the special needs of the patient, e.g., age, culture, learning ability, etc.
- Demonstrates the initiative to learn and applies new processes and procedures by attending in-services, pertinent continuing education seminars, and reading professional journals and sharing that information with team members.
- Reports any equipment or maintenance problems and safety concerns to Office Coordinator and/or Manager.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize workload in an efficient and productive manner in the assigned work time.
- Demonstrates ability to accommodate to constant changes in schedule and environment.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) obtained within 6 months of hire.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.