Supply Chain Specialist I (International)
Berea - Kentucky (KY), 40403
HYG is looking for an energetic Supply Chain Specialist I (International) who will have a positive influence on the Materials team. This position is responsible for delivery of key metrics within the following functions:
Order Management and Demand Scheduling - Accountable for populating and control of production slots, series foundational data and sales order management.
Logistics - Accountable for the planning and management of the outside logistic provider and internal driven transportation at a minimum cost.
Material Planning - Accountable for the on-time delivery of direct material into the production facilities while maintaining the right amount of inventory for the part/supplier.
The successful Supply Chain Specialist I (International) will have the following key accountabilities:
Order Management/Demand Scheduling
- Manage daily order slotting activities while interacting with internal and external customers on issues.
- Address dealer/National Account/customer contacts focusing efforts on problem solving and implementation of resolutions.
- Plant communications and problem solving for sales order issues that arise.
- Update and maintain build and clear schedules availability by day.
- Assist in establishing and updating option usage percentage based on Sales and Operations Planning process, marketing and brand input.
- Manage carrier relationships through 3PL.
- Address customer concerns for on-time delivery of finished goods and direct material shipments from supply base, which includes tracking current status and coordinating shipment with distribution centers.
- Manage direct supplier package ensuring suppliers meet delivery requirements.
- Address/elevate to supplier leadership any discrepancies with delivery schedules.
- Inform/update production management on late deliveries.
- Meet working capital goals within supplier package through various means.
- Participate in or lead tasks and projects to support overall Supply Chain objectives.
- Participate on internal and external process improvement project activities (i.e. VSM).
- Contribute to and support major Divisional supply projects and/or assignments (i.e., Supply Chain activities, recruitment, Marketing, etc..).
- Deliver various analysis to identify potential issues and problems within supply chain with reports for communication.
- Deliver research of best practices (internal/external) to develop efficient and effective ways of resolving problems.
- Deliver weekly/monthly cadenced metric reports.
- Prepare presentations and attend meetings as required.
- Associates or BA/BS degree in Business with concentration in Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering, Logistics required.
- 3+ years in Supply Chain related functions without Degree, with Degree, 0-2 years in Supply Chain related functions.
- Business and Management skills
- Project management
- Communication skills (presentations, written and verbal)
- Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Competitive Healthcare Benefits – medical, vision, dental
Profit Sharing + 401K with company matching
PTO + Vacation + Paid Holidays
Employee Assistance Program
On-site Health Clinic
Berea, Kentucky is a vibrant city centrally located in the heart of Kentucky and is best known for its art festivals, historic restaurants and buildings, and the home to Berea College, a private, Liberal Arts College. Berea is situated in southern Madison County, located within 30 miles south of the "Horse Capital of the World", Lexington, Kentucky. Lexington has a population over 305,000 and is the second-largest city in Kentucky.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.