Associate Claim Adjuster (Bowling Green)
Bowling Green - Kentucky (KY),
Kentucky Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance
The associate claim adjuster will complete required training and education activities in preparation for a career as a claim professional; provide assistance in accordance with supervisor instructions; and provide prompt, courteous and fair claim service.
- Support the corporate strategy of our commitment to the member relationship.
- Support the strategic mission of the Claims function as it relates to goals for the organization.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the agency force and support the agencies through sound and effective claim management practices.
- Handle all claims in accordance with the provisions of the Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Act and in an ethical and compliant manner.
- Satisfactorily complete Uniform Training Program.
- Satisfactorily complete the required Southern Farm Bureau Tech courses.
- Satisfactorily complete the required Kentucky Farm Bureau sponsored courses.
- Review loss reports, and confirm coverages.
- Conduct prompt and thorough investigations of losses
- Maintain and thoroughly document electronic claim files to support actions taken.
- Maintain adequate reserves and active diaries on all files.
- Complete assignments.
- Promptly evaluate and resolve claims through settlement or denial.
- Visit agency offices on a regular basis.
- Actively pursue salvage recovery.
- Assist subrogation unit with subrogation recovery.
- Assist the special investigative unit with suspicious claims.
- Report claims in accordance with reporting guidelines or as requested by supervisory personnel.
- Assign, direct and actively monitor out-of-state claims.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of policy contracts, court decisions, and industry trends.
- Handle claims in compliance with statutes, regulations, and case law.
- Complete assignments.
- Maintain ability to function as an adjuster
Serve as a catastrophe team member or assist in other claim offices or locations as
Regular, predictable attendance as employee has to physically be in the office.
This list of essential functions is non-exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Promptly report complaints and respond, as directed.
- Report immediately receipt of all summonses.
- Report incorrectly rated policies or poor risks to PARM (Underwriting) with the assistance of your supervisor.
- Submit timely and accurate expense reports and mileage reports.
- Attend and participate in company claim meetings, seminars, and continuing education activities.
- Maintain and properly use company facilities, equipment, supplies, and vehicles.
- Follow company guidelines related to personal use of company vehicles.
- Physical demands: Normal vision/hearing (with or without correction); Sitting; Standing; Speaking; Mobility; Driving an automobile; climbing ladders.
- Mental demands: Analytic reasoning; Prolonged concentration.
- Environmental factors: Standard office lighting, temperatures and noise; Outdoor conditions, lighting, temperatures and noise; On site field inspections of damaged property, such as accident scenes or roofs of buildings.
- Equipment: Automobile; Camera; Cassette recorder; Computer; Telephone; Ladder.
- Combination of formal education, training, and experience to acquire knowledge and skills generally equivalent to those possessed by a four-year college graduate. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to interpret policy contracts and legal documents.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make timely decisions.
- Good negotiation and public relations skills.
- Obtain Kentucky Staff Adjuster License within six months of employment.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.