Business Systems Data Specialist
Covington - Kentucky (KY), 41011
NorthKey Community Care
NORTHKEY COMMUNITY CARE - COMPANY OVERVIEW
Since 1966, NorthKey Community Care (NorthKey) has provided effective and efficient mental health, substance use, and developmental disabilities services to the Northern Kentucky region with the commitment to providing the right service, at the right time, and in the right place. NorthKey offers many rewarding employment and career opportunities, and employs a variety of mental and behavioral health clinical positions, including social work, counseling, therapy, and case management positions. Additionally, NorthKey offers many managerial and business operation positions. NorthKey’s commitment to providing a continuum of services for individuals and families seeking assistance for mental health, substance use, and developmental disabilities means that NorthKey employs staff with a wide variety of education, experience, and licensure. With multiple convenient locations throughout the Northern Kentucky region (Kenton, Boone, Campbell, Grant, Carroll, Gallatin, Pendleton, and Owen counties), NorthKey offers a wide array of mental health, substance use, and developmental disabilities services unparalleled in the region.
BENEFITS FOR FULL-TIME POSITIONS INCLUDE:
- Generous plan for leave time accrual (new hires receive 5 days of PTO at hire, then accrue 10 additional days during their first year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Individual and family health insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- In-service training opportunities
- Individual life insurance policy
- Other insurance plans offered
POSITION DESCRIPTION FOR BUSINESS SYSTEMS DATA SPECIALIST
Through its partner Erigo Employer Solutions, NorthKey Community Care is seeking a full-time Business Systems Application and Data Specialist to be part of our IT Team. This position will be responsible for developing, reporting, and managing NorthKey's business application and database environments, including but not limited to the electronic health record (EHR), IT helpdesk support, business intelligence system(s), and other business applications/databases. This position will also assist with day-to-day IT helpdesk requests and tasks.
- Develop, create, and maintain business reporting tools, reports, and data to assist with the data reporting needs of NorthKey.
- Manage and maintain application and database environments, including business intelligence, electronic health record, helpdesk support, video conferencing, call center reporting, and other business applications/databases as assigned.
- Collaborate with staff to plan for and implement technology needs in support of NorthKey's business development and growth.
- Recommend network hardware/software and peripherals in support of NorthKey's application, database, and reporting needs.
- Perform routine and emergency maintenance of network hardware/software, applications, databases, and peripherals (may include on-call for after hour needs).
- Assist with NorthKey's IT helpdesk requests.
- Successfully manage relationships with staff, vendors, and partners to accomplish above tasks.
- Assure compliance with HIPAA Security rules and maintain current knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or other IT related field is required. Appropriate experience may substitute for education.
- Experience/Training/Certification in the following is preferred: Business analytics/business intelligence, electronic health/medical records applications, Microsoft SQL Server, report development, creating/deploying/supporting business applications, Microsoft Server OS, Citrix, VMWare.
- Experience/Training/Certification in System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is preferred: analyzing information/requirements, developing and documenting business/application requirements, business system design, programming, structured testing, development and coordination.
- Project management experience and/or training is preferred.
- Prior work in a healthcare environment is preferred.
- Experience/training in a healthcare environment is preferred.
- Ability to work independently required.
- Strong organizational/planning management, interpersonal communication skills, and change management skills required.
- Ability to be on-call after hours is required.
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Business Intelligence, Programming, Microsoft SQL, Citrix: 1 year (Preferred)
- work in healthcare environment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule