Disposal Center Anaylst (A3)
Erlanger - Kentucky (KY), 41018
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Deliveries and Logistics Company in the world.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
We currently have a position available for a Disposal Center Analyst at our Erlanger, Kentucky facility. As a Disposal Center Analyst, you are responsible for maintaining a secure destruction of the company’s abandoned and undeliverable freight. All shipments sent for destruction are reviewed to ensure that proper destruction approvals were obtained prior to destruction and then sorted according to the method of disposal needed.
- Collecting inbound freight from ops, sort and count the number of disposal shipments
- Checking the disposal log for each shipment and ensuring proper destruction approvals have been obtained prior to destruction
- Holding shipments that do not have approvals to destroy, send emails to appropriate persons to obtain approval
- Properly handle and sort specialty items including but not limited to: dangerous goods, prescription medicines, sensitive paperwork, damaged or large items
- Comply with the Disposal Center’s Go Green Initiative. Items that can be recycled will be sorted and set aside accordingly
- Dispose of shipments that are able to be destroyed by compactor
- Creates COMAT labels as needed
- Dispose/shred DHL uniforms
- Maintain cage cleanliness
- Maintain security in a high value cage
- Forklift operation (desirable but not a requirement)
- Maintain safety in a warehouse environment
- Able to lift up to 70lbs
- Able to sit, stand and walk for extended periods
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Communicates professionally and effectively with internal and external customers via phone and email.