Rotating Equipment Superintendent
Florence - Kentucky (KY),
TEiC Construction Services
Position SummaryThe Superintendent (Rotating Equipment) is responsible for executing power plant construction and maintenance work on rotating equipment components including pulverizers, pumps, fans, and other non-turbine related equipment. The Superintendent will report to the Area Manager Essential Responsibilities:
- Directly leads and oversees multiple, simultaneous project crews at different project sites.
- Schedule crew for planned and unplanned maintenance work; establishes response crews for dealing with short notice customer maintenance issues.
- Manage and maintain budgets including man hours, tooling, and other project costs; manage assigned tooling and trailers.
- Identifies qualified non-union craft workers with focus on millwrights and mechanics.
- Resolves complex personnel issues at project site; seeks to resolve issues with limited company exposure.
- Create estimates based on site walk downs, drawings, and
customer supplied scopes of work.
Establishes and maintains a positive relationship with key customer contacts; attends customer related meetings and events.
Ensures project is executed in compliance with contractual obligations and company established standards.Job Requirements / Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated success in leading non-union, direct hire construction projects.
- Demonstrated engagement with key construction labor management personnel.
- Prior experience creating estimates for rotating equipment maintenance work.
Prior Project Qualifications
- Experience in Power Generation construction is required.
- Rotating equipment maintenance including disassembly, inspection, reassembly, and balancing.
- Experience utilizing both manual and automatic laser aligning equipment.
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.