Material Coordinator Assistant
Fort Campbell - Kentucky (KY),
- The Material Coordinator Assistant shall be responsible for the proper disposition all used materials turned in to building 5131, located within the Pollution Prevention Operations Center (PPOC).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Place all returned filters i.e. oil/fuel on drain tables adhering to EPA 24 hour drain rule. Once accomplished properly dispose of drained filters
- Ensure all metal/plastic oil containers are placed on drain tables complying with the EPA 24 hour drain rule. Once drained metal containers are placed in the shredder and shredded metal placed in hopper. Plastic containers are also shredded, upon completion shredded plastic are placed in regular trash containers.
- Process all received used spill kit components, in a metal 55 gallon drum. Compresses all materials to be processed and disposed of as NON-RCRA waste.
- Prior to end of business, gather containers positioned under the drain tables and empty them in the 250 gallon used oil container located in BLDG 5131. Coordinate to have the container pumped when capacity is reached.
- Receive all 5 and 1 gallon antifreeze containers, transferring residual to the 55 gallon plastic drum located in BLDG 5131. Containers determine to be unserviceable will be shredded similar to the other plastic containers an appropriately disposed.
- Receive compressed gas cylinders i.e. propane, empty the cylinders using the provided evacuation apparatus and shred similar to other metal containers.
- Process all aerosol cans once they’ve been evacuated (punched), by the HW 90 Day Yard personnel and shred disposing of metal similar to other recycled metals.
- Perform as primary driver/operator of the vacuum pump truck used in the collection of used oil/fuel installation wide.
- Perform as primary driver/operator of the pump truck vehicle used to conduct aircraft defueling operations across the installation.
- Demonstrate ability to operate tow motor vehicle (MHE), used to move the scrap metal container and other objects.
- Collect and store empty metal 55 gallon drums for pick up by local distributor.
- Other duties as
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an industrial environment, possess a CDL
- Ability to obtain secret security clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with use of Microsoft Suite (MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Knowledge on the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Recruiter Katie Ryan
Job Posting Dec 10, 2019, 3:10:57 PM