Georgetown - Kentucky (KY), 40324
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to grow and challenge what's possible with us.
Who we’re looking for
Toyota’s– Stamping / Die Manufacturing Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Tool & Die Team Member.
The primary responsibility of this role is to perform preventative maintenance on Stamping / Die mechanical equipment in accordance with standards.
Reporting to the Stamping / Die Manufacturing Supervisor, the person in this role will support Toyota Motor’s Manufacturing Kentucky (TMMK), Toyota's largest North America manufacturing operation. The facility produces over 500,000 vehicles annually. Production includes assembly of the Camry, Camry Hybrid, Avalon, and Lexus ES350. TMMK also builds 4-cylinder and V6 engines and powertrain parts.
What you’ll be doing
- Perform welding, grinding, operate cranes, machining, & fabrication.
- Perform machining, finishing, assembly and tuning of dies.
- Support in line tryouts or line calls of dies.
- Carry out emergency repairs if any issues arise.
- Perform die modifications for surface quality and accuracy.
- Work in a team setting.
- Occasionally travel to support off site activities at NAMC’s and Toyota affiliates.
- Log daily book entries to communicate activities, issues and progress of die work.
What you bring
Experience building and/or maintaining high volume stamping dies, welding ability, spotting ability and hand finishing skills.
- Knowledge of cutting and forming sheet metal stamping operation
- Experience in industrial maintenance
- Strong electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Demonstrated success in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Technical knowledge and skills in the following areas: Tool & Die, Welding, Machining
- Available to work any shift including overtime, holidays, weekends, and shutdowns
Added bonus if you have
- Outer surface panel experience
- Perform basic administrative skills including documentation of work performed by written/electronic methods
- Ability to problem solve and continuously improve safety, quality, and productivity
What We'll Bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
What you should know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com!