Courthouse Research Specialist
Hopkinsville - Kentucky (KY),
Lowers Risk Group
Successfully research cases in a courthouse setting for our clients with relentless commitment, effort, and superior quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following (other duties may be assigned):
Perform research outside of the office and typically at the courthouse.
Conduct in person research using public record information for assigned region to determine if subject has either a clear record or has criminal cases to provide to the client.
Enter results into the WSS KY internal systems, either as clear (no information found) or the information found in the courts predominantly used index as specified per the client’s instructions.
Perform additional administrative research duties as assigned.
Meet quality and productivity standards as established by the General Manager.
Ability to maintain a 24 to 48-hour turnaround time.
Ability to complete all daily assigned work for scheduled day.
Must provide updates to supervisor regarding delays.
Must provide updates to supervisor regarding courthouse structure.
Ability to maintain an error rate of 0.020% or lower per month.
Drive personal vehicle to assigned courthouses and adhere to assigned weekly route. (Employee will receive car allowance).
- Minimum: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: Associate Degree in Criminal Justice/related field
- Minimum: Six months’ experience in Criminal Investigation work or other data analysis and research experience
- Preferred: Two years’ experience in research work. Advanced education may substitute for experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Proficiency in the use of the Internet and Web browsing.
- Proficiency in the use of internal WSS operating systems.
- Detail-oriented, with good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have understanding of professional office etiquette exemplifying professionalism at all times.
- Ability to maintain high quality of work.
- Must be able to type 35 wpm.
- Reliability – Must be at work on time, and work the schedule assigned by their manager.
- Trustworthy - Ability to handle confidential information and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be a team player and have good interpersonal relation skills.
- Ability to drive 100% of the time within counties in assigned region.
- Clean driving record and valid Driver’s license are required.
- Ability to work flexible work hours or shifts (days/evenings/weekends) if required.
- Additional travel outside of your normal jurisdiction may be required based on staffing levels and volume of work.
- Ability to pass the KY Private Investigator's licensing exam and obtain a KY Private Investigator's License
Typical work hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Overtime may be required as needed to meet key objectives.
In addition to the standard Lowers Risk Group benefits package, Courthouse Research Specialists are also eligible for the following benefits:
- Monthly Car Allowance
- Relocation if applicable
- Visual acuity for operation of a motor vehicle for travel.
- Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which the employee must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other team members accurately or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Close visual acuity for preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection.
- Subject to both environmental conditions for activities that occur inside and outside.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Lowers Risk Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam-era, special disabled veteran or other veteran, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
AT WILL EMPLOYMENT:
Lowers Risk Group is an “At Will” employer and nothing within the job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Lowers Risk Group reserves the right to modify, interpret or apply the job description in any way the company desires and the job description is not a contract for employment.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.