Production - Press Operator - D Shift Rotating Nights - 6pm...
Lawrenceburg - Kentucky (KY), 40342
Would you like to join a team where you can make a difference and have fun doing it? Join Florida Tile! For over sixty years, Florida Tile has consistently taken the lead as an innovator by implementing new technology, delivering high quality products and protecting our indoor and outdoor environments. We provide a wide range of benefits and a family-friendly work environment. If this sounds like what you’re looking for, apply to Florida Tile today!
SUMMARY: The Press Operator performs semi-skilled work training and assisting in the operation of an automatic or hand tile press; does related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates and maintains an automatic press; assists in training new Press Operators.
- Follows department Standard Operating Procedures (SOP);
- Operates and monitors the press to insure tile is pressed to specifications;
- Inspects press and associated equipment prior to each shift;
- Checks break strength on all cavities and cycle speed, as required;
- Checks thickness of tile and body moisture hourly;
- Maintains and keeps dies, die cases and riser blocks clean;
- Routinely checks and adjusts fettlers to ensure proper performance;
- Routinely checks and adjusts blow-off to ensure proper case cleaning;
- Routinely audits lug dimensions to ensure proper size;
- Produces enough ware to enable the line to meet production requirements;
- Assists with the training of new Press Operators;
- Assists with PM program and general maintenance;
- Conducts regular quality checks, corrects defects, and reports uncorrectable defects to supervisor immediately to minimize controllable defects;
- Cleans tools and equipment used to perform duties;
- Completes all necessary reports, accurately, completely and neatly;
- Advises the Supervisor of repairs and items that need to be scheduled and conducted.
- Maintains cleanliness of the area;
- Practices correct safety procedures;
- Performs related tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: General knowledge of the principles and practices of operating and servicing press equipment, general knowledge of the occupational hazards involved and the safety precautions necessary to the proper operation of the equipment; ability to guide and train other personnel; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to communicate both orally and in writing. Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school.
Florida Tile provides an array of benefits to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Our comprehensive benefit program includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life, Supplemental AD&D, Accident, and Critical Illness Coverage
- 401K Retirement Plan and Employer Provided 401k Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
Florida Tile is committed to treating people fairly and respectfully, we are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity in the people we hire, the manner in which they are trained, their selections for promotions and transfer, and in all other aspects of employment. Your ability and performance are the keys to your success here at Florida Tile, regardless of your age, race, color, marital status, sexual orientation, sex, religion, creed national origin, political ideology, veteran status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability unrelated to the ability to perform the job, in accordance with applicable law.