Security Officer (Full-Time)
Louisville - Kentucky (KY), 40213
Derby City Gaming
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the safety and security of employees and customers.
- Assisting in transporting money and chips.
- Controlling access to restricted areas.
- Reacting to patron and employee incidents and accidents.
- Monitoring patron and employee passage in and out of gaming facility.
- Responsible for checking for and reporting safety hazards.
- May answer incoming calls to the facility and direct calls or answer patron questions.
- May be asked to operate a company vehicle and/or equipment that require a valid Driver’s License.
- Other duties as assigned.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Maintain interpersonal working relationship among all personnel.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Emergency Disaster Plan Manual.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to obtain a valid Racing License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit or stand; walk; use hands to finger reach, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is subjected to circulate throughout the assigned areas, including the smoking area, actively observing players and functioning of machines.