Food Safety Specialist
Louisville - Kentucky (KY),
Estimated salary $19.20 an hour
Specialist - Operational Excellence and Food Safety
Ready to use your hotel, restaurant or supermarket experience in a new and exciting way? Have a knack for training/coaching others? Looking to build your career in a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Steritech Brand Standards is proud to be a member of the Rentokil family of companies in North America. Steritech is the market leader in food safety, quality assurance, and customer experience management. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world’s leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, processing, retail, food service, and hospitality. We help our clients give the best, safest, and healthiest possible service to THEIR customers.
What do our Food Safety Specialists do?
Our Specialists help our hotel, restaurant, and grocery clients ensure brand standards, food quality and friendly service for their customers. They also:
- Conduct assessments that measure conformity to established regulatory, industry, and proprietary brand standards for clients
- Observe food prep and cooking standards to ensure food safety, health, and sanitation practices
- Partner with clients to address root causes of assessment discrepancies and develop corrective action plans
- Teach and coach clients how to make their workplace a safer and healthier environment for themselves and THEIR customers
- Travel up to 50%, or 10 days per month, including some evening and weekend work
What do you need?
- Meet the requirements to obtain a CP-FS certification within 1 year of hire. As of date of hire, applicants should meet ONE of the following requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED and at least five years experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- Associates degree with at least four years experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- Bachelor’s degree (Hospitality Management, Food Science, Nutrition, Culinary Arts or other Science degree), with at least one year of experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- Bachelor’s degree (other than Science/Food/Hospitality) with at least two years of experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- Available to work Monday-Friday and Saturdays and evenings as needed
- Desire to travel via car and/or plane up to 50% of time
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug screen
- Ability to lift 32 lbs chest high, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching
- Have excellent listening and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability and desire to influence others with tact
- Professional and Personal Growth:
- Robust Paid Training & Professional Development Path
- Opportunity to grow - We love to promote from within!
- Fantastic Tuition Reimbursement benefits & Scholarship Programs (for FT Colleagues)
- Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts for Health-care or Dependent Care Expenses
- Outstanding Company-Paid Short Term Disability
- Access to Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program that offers services such as free counseling services, will preparation, discounts to health clubs, and other benefits
- Company-paid sick time
- Savings & Retirement:
- 401(k) retirement plan with highly-competitive company-matching contributions
- Holiday Savings Club option with company-matching funds
- Employee Discounts (includes many offerings, including cellular/mobile service, health clubs, and more)
- Work-Life Balance:
- Vacation Days & sick days
- Company-Paid Holidays & Floating Holidays