Paducah - Kentucky (KY), 42001
River Discovery Center
Marketing Coordinator is a full-time position within the River Discovery Center, focusing on strategic marketing initiatives to elevate the social, print, and televised media awareness of the organization. Reporting to the Executive Director, the primary duties include developing and updating new and existing marketing efforts, administering the organization’s annual Dragon Boat Festival, assisting with school groups and tours, and performing office operational activities as needed.
Your employment with River Discovery Center is at will. This means your employment is for an indefinite period of time and it is subject to termination by you or River Discovery Center, with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time.
· Create a comprehensive multi-year marketing strategy to elevate the awareness of the River Discovery Center, inform the public on organization and sponsored activities, and generate new membership growth. Should be completed in first 90 days.
· Develop and administer the River Discovery Center website, including creating and posting content, editing or developing new visuals and photos, creating and maintaining an online store, and generating traffic reports. Maintain/update social media on regular basis.
· Assist Education Coordinator with scheduled tours of the River Discovery Center, varying across school classes, field trips, summer camp sessions, and pre-booked guided tours.
· Develop and coordinate the creation of marketing pieces, signage, and other graphics as needed.
· Maintain media list and build relationships with local and regional media sources to ensure coverage.
· Produce and distribute press releases to media outlets and community calendar resources.
· Maintain the organization’s membership, including renewal letters, membership cards, rack card supplies, and thank-you letters.
· Obtain bids for printed marketing pieces to be reviewed by the Executive Director.
· Assist in the administration of the annual Dragon Boat Festival, including coordination with team captains, maintaining the event roster, scheduling practice sessions, and designing the event T-shirt, banner, and poster.
· Perform office administrative duties and assist Executive Director as needed.
· Attend bi-monthly board meetings and record minutes, represent the organization at community and regional events.
· Other duties as assigned
· B.A. in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, or related field.
· Minimum of 2 years working experience in relevant field.
· Strong oral and written skills.
· Strong organizational skills with an emphasis on flexibility.
· Strong skills in a Macintosh computer environment.
· Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
· Attention to detail and strong proofreading skills.
· Ability to multi-task priority projects with a sense of urgency.
· Complete work in a timely and professional manner.
· Preferred experience in museums or non-profit.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Paducah, KY (Required)