(CP) - Safety Coordinator
Cameron - Louisiana (LA),
Requisition ID: 102784
Job Level: Mid Level
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Safety Coordinator, you’ll be part of a team implementing and overseeing the Project Safety Program including the development of site safety policies and procedures. You’ll assist in monitoring the activities of construction projects, insuring the facility's compliance with pertinent governmental regulations, company policies and procedures. You’ll assist in determining the cause of unsafe conditions and injury claims through procedure, equipment, facilities inspection and worker observation. Providing corrective action recommendations and assisting in implementing metrics for tracking and reporting on performance issues will also fall within your responsibilities.
The Industrial Company is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation. TIC-Southern District is a business unit of TIC-The Industrial Company. Headquartered in The Woodlands, TX, TIC Southern builds major industrial projects in diversified markets throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Arkansas. Located in Houston, TX, TIC-Southern is seeking individuals who are open to regular relocation for career development opportunities and who desire job responsibilities in field operations ranging from project controls, craft management, safety, quality, and contract administration. A new employee’s initial work assignments complement their previous work
This position is based out on our Calcasieu Pass LNG Project (Venture Global) in Cameron, Louisiana.
- Assist in planning, organizing and implementing district Safety Management Programs at industrial construction projects.
- Conduct safety training, job safety analysis, workplace audits and incident response as needed.
- Embody the Kiewit approach to safety, being constantly aware of conditions and work practices, being empowered to stop all unsafe work when needed.
- Ability to relocate to project sites across the United States for an extended period of time
- Construction safety training (Certification preferred) plus two or more years’ construction safety experience related to Oil & Gas related projects
- Ability to work in outdoor work environment and around related equipment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.