Front Desk/PBX Clerk
Harvey - Louisiana (LA), 70058
Boomtown New Orleans Casino Hotel
A career in gaming? At Boomtown Casino and Hotel New Orleans, we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Provides friendly and efficient service to guests during check in/check out procedures.
- Makes and confirms reservations and assists guests with problems or questions.
- Obtains information necessary to guarantee rooms (e.g. identification, credit card verification, etc.).
- Performs Front Desk, Call Center, and other hotel-related duties when necessary.
- Keeps Hotel Services Supervisor informed of any problems.
- If assigned to “grave shift,” performs Night Audit duties and completes Flash Report in a correct and timely manner.
- Answers all reservation inquiries according to established guidelines, including assisting guests warranting complimentary accommodations.
- Maximizes resort revenues by selling reservations based on predetermined rate strategies.
- Accurately enters all reservations into the computer system according to department policy and procedure.
- Provides information to guests regarding local services and events.
- Assists the Player Development team with all reservations and requests.
- Performs group block management, including the entering of room lists, inventory control, coordination of casino reservations, checking resort room arrivals, and maintaining a professional relationship with all departments associated with the resort.
- Verifies duties and examines work for accuracy, neatness, and adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Remains current on all casino activities and assists guests with all inquiries.
- Answers phone and assists with clerical tasks.
- Ensures that rooms are clean prior to issuing keys.
- Receives cash, checks, credit cards and comps in payment, obtaining proper approval and authorization.
- Maintains an operating bank, renders bills, and issues change.
- Ensures the timely delivery of all messages, mail and packages left for guests and departments within the Hotel/Casino.
- Responsible for the control of safe deposit transactions.
- Works closely with the Executive Hosts to ensure that all complimentary and high-end amenity offerings are provided consistent with the agreed-upon arrangements.
- Empowered to ensure guests’ problems/concerns are resolved in a prompt, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior hospitality or Front Desk experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Must have basic math and money handling skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Must have ability to work efficiently in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, holidays, and fluctuating days off.
Job Type: Part-time
- One location
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement