Materials Coordinator-Deepwater GOM
Lafayette - Louisiana (LA),
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for a Materials Coordinator with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Galliano, LA.
- Bidding out items that are submitted via part requisitions from both the field personnel and from the mechanics and electricians. Also will be in charge of collections for the bid items.
- Receiving and staging of the purchased items received until the desired ship date arrives.
- Checking in the items and certifying them against the purchase order; Make copies of delivery tickets and attach a copy of the parts requisition or purchase order as required by different contracts; Reconciling any differences with the vendors.
- Submitting all the delivery tickets for processing.
- Manifesting all items to be shipped to the field so that proof of delivery and shipment can be documented.
- Manifesting and shipping of items for repair out to the appropriate vendors and maintain communications with them so items can be returned in a timely manner.
- Manifesting all “return for credit” items and ensuring that the credit is assigned back against the original purchase order.
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with vendors.
- Filling out the transfer forms for items pulled out of stock that is being used to X-jobs and field jobs.
- Keeping an inventory of company and/or customer owned material and equipment and tagging it appropriately.
- Answering and directing incoming phone calls and faxes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1-3 years of experience required
Preferred: Associate’s degree (AA) or BS/BA; or 2-4 years related experience in the combination with work experience preferred.