Project Manager III
New Orleans - Louisiana (LA),
Louisiana Childrens Medical Co
We’re a New Orleans-based, non-profit health system on a mission: to provide the best possible care for every person and parish in Louisiana and beyond, and to put a little more heart and soul into healthcare along the way. And that means we do things a little differently around here.
Treating people like family is the LCMC Health way, and it always has been. Founded by Louisiana’s only freestanding children’s hospital, we’ve grown into a healthcare system that’s built to serve the unique needs of our communities and families.
Today, we offer five hospital locations: Children’s Hospital, Touro, University Medical Center New Orleans, New Orleans East Hospital, and West Jefferson Medical Center. We also offer a network of urgent care centers across the greater New Orleans area. With over 2,000 board-certified physicians specializing in everything from head to toe, our community can count on us to provide the right care, right where they need it.
The Project Manager III (PM III) is responsible for all aspects of moderately complex projects. Leads/manages medium to large size projects, leveraging basic project management tools to deliver results. Accomplishes project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities. Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends;
determining system improvements; implementing change. Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions. Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders. Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Job Description Disclaimer:
The above job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. LCMC/Touro Infirmary reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Seven (7) years project management work experience and Three (3) years' experience as a direct supervisor or team leader. Healthcare IT project management experience preferred.
Bachelors in related discipline.
Project Management Professional certification
- Excellent knowledge of project management principles, techniques, and
- Good project management skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Assists in the formulation of long range strategic plans, provides input into project budget preparation, and reviews service delivery issues and/or areas for improvement.
- Serves as the contact with vendors; monitor vendor activities to ensure business objectives are delivered timely and cost effectively. Works closely with vendors to resolve all issues related to project implementations.
- Responsible for leading a team by delivering assignments and monitoring/reporting status to management; responsible for providing input to team evaluations.
- Works with people on all levels of the organization including, administrators, senior executives, directors, leaders, and staff to communicate the strategy, monitor and communicate progress on tactical issues, and work closely with Leader to resolve/improve day-to-day processes and service delivery.
- Represents the Department in work groups and committees as requested.
- Escalates project issues as appropriate to project sponsors and leadership.
- Understands, communicates, and follows overall strategy.
LCMC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.