Front Server, Restaurant R'evolution
New Orleans - Louisiana (LA),
Job Description SummaryServes meals to patrons in fine dining establishment by performing the following duties:
Principle duties and responsibilities (Essential Functions) include:
- Key Job Functions
- Follow service guidelines according to the Brand standards in the Service Manual.
- Clears plates between courses.
- Provides bread service according to Service Standards.
- Refills guest's water glasses.
- Assists the Front Servers and Captain as needed.
- Follows proper check out procedures and proper cash handling procedures as outlines in the training material.
- Must keep service area and tools clean and organized.
- Responsible for returning all items to their zoned location.
- Attends all ongoing training sessions.
- Must follow all prescribed systems of organization and cleanliness.
- Must complete all before, during and after shift paperwork.
- Responsible for following all opening and closing checklists and side work.
- Must follow all daily and weekly cleaning schedules.
- Promote and support the vision and mission of Restaurant R'evolution: "To Cherish the Guest in Every Way."
- Deliver Passionate & Engaging Service to our Guests
- You will be passionate and truly engaged in taking care of our guests, recognizing individual guests and anticipating their unique needs in order to exceed their expectations
- You will consistently deliver our GUEST model:
- G reet or welcome everyone, warmly with a smile
- U se eye and ear contact and guest’s name
- E stablish/anticipate needs
- S olve and own all requests/complaints
- T hank everyone
- Build solid relationship with your Colleagues
- Treat colleagues with respect and dignity
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests;
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
Qualifications and Skills
A candidate for this position must possess the following applicable knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate and provide applicable examples to support his/her competency.
- Track record of delivering exceptional guest or client experience
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time for training and safety purposes, and when interacting with guests and associates.
- Strong communication skills
- Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be available to work nights, week-ends, holidays as needed
- MICROS - Food & Beverage POS System a plus
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Louisiana Responsible Vendor's Permit required
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.