West Monroe - Louisiana (LA), 71294
Graphic Packaging International, Inc.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
This position provides technical support for the operations group within the department. Develop and implement best practices to improve safety, quality, productivity and cost reduction. Develop specific performance parameters as requested.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Provide support for process improvement projects. Projects involve chemicals, mechanical improvements, support for on machine trials and investigations of new technologies.
- Drive best practices in safe operations and ensure the safety of all operations, maintenance and staff personnel.
- Needs to be self-starter, be self-directed, take initiative to move forward with ideas, be committed and be able to work with and influence others.
- Must learn quickly to analyze data.
- Lead one or more projects that will be started and completed within the summer.
- Conduct tests to evaluate potential process changes.
- Research process equipment, including: obtaining quotes, coordinating product trials, and making recommendations for purchase.
- Assist in writing standard operating procedures and training manuals.
- Provide engineering support to other departments as needed.
- Present to the department periodically and at the end of the internship
- Other duties as assigned.
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Learning on the Fly
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Drive for Results
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
Currently pursuing an Associate’s Degree in Process Technology.
- Comfortable working in both laboratory and manufacturing environments.
- Desire to work on projects.
- Leadership skills
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication abilities
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.