Full-time Hannaford to Go – Expeditor
Scarborough - Maine (ME),
Estimated salary $17.31 an hour
Essential Job Functions:
*APPLICANT SHOULD HAVE OPEN AVAILABILITY*
1. Promote customer goodwill by providing high standards in customer service.
2. Manager customer’s on-line orders and maintain effective work schedules for Hannaford to Go associates to meet business traffic requirements and minimize customer inconvenience.
3. Provide feedback to store leadership on any HTG operational issues.
4. Proactively partner with Department Managers to ensure fresh orders, particularly those with cutlist are handled properly
5. Assist customers picking up orders at the drive thru.
6. Handle cash pickups and change orders as requested and log as required.
7. Verify all customer IDs presented and observe store policies pertaining to the acceptance of checks, and the sale of tobacco/alcoholic beverages.
8. Provide customers and associates with refunds, over-rings and other transactions requiring approvals or overrides.
9. Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of all Hannaford to Go associates, front-end and service center associates as assigned by Customer Service/Office Manager.
10. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
2. Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and follow company personal appearance policy.
3. Assign fixed activities to Hannaford to Go associates during idle periods.
4. Treat all associates with fairness, dignity, and respect.
5. Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervision.
6. Ensure that return-to-stock items are handled in a prompt and orderly manner with the most immediate attention given to refrigerated and other perishable items.
7. Support and comply with all company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
8. Bag or package merchandise according to established company policies and procedures and store in designated area for customer pick up.
9. Control excessive use of store supplies, such as ribbons, receipt tape, bags, labels and cleaning materials.
10. Assist in prompt cleanup of spills and breakage of glass or plastic
11. Be knowledgeable in and able to recognize or differentiate between all of the various types of produce merchandise carried in the store including differences between varieties of similar classes of products (e.g., apples, lettuces, etc.).
12. Record on designated forms any price discrepancies and/or any “not on file” items that are encountered on electronic point-of-sale terminal, request price checks promptly on any such items according to company policy.
13. Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of customers’ actions and behavior. Report to manager or security any abnormal behavior.
14. Process all of the various types of sales transactions accepted by the store including but not necessarily limited to cash, checks, authorized Accounts Receivable sales, Electronic Payments, WIC coupons, Food Stamps, manufacturers’ coupons, gift cards, bottle deposits, bottle refunds, merchandise refunds, lottery, Western Union etc., in strict accordance with established company policies and procedures including full compliance with any legal requirements or regulations governing same.
15. Secure front-end podium at all times when leaving it unattended; protect company assets at all times.
16. Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in compliance with store policy and state and local health regulations on a regular, ongoing basis.
17. Perform service center and/or office associate functions as needed.
18. Perform cashier and/or bagging functions as needed.
19. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Requirements Physical Requirements:
1. Perform repetitive hand and arm motions while standing/walking the majority of the shift.
2. Bend and lift products weighting up to 15 pounds continuously, 25 pounds frequently and 50 pounds on occasion.
3. Push or pull up to 75 pounds on occasion.
4. Work in and out of inclement weather when necessary.
5. Gather up to five shopping carts and push them to designated areas.
6. Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants/flowers and household cleaners.
7. Have sufficient visual acuity to read the RF unit display screen as well as check identification cards, checks, invoices and other written documents.