Compliance Consultant II, Accident
Boston - Massachusetts (MA), 02101
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Estimated salary $104,500 - $134,100 a year
This is a rare opportunity for you to join a fast-growing startup within Liberty Mutual. We are building an Accident & Health business from scratch and we are looking for a key compliance team member to guide the development of the business and to structure compliance and oversight of our operations. You would be employee number two on our compliance team, and as such you will have significant influence on our operations as you develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and Company policies. You would join an energetic and entrepreneurial team that is excited to be building something great.
- Perform analysis of laws, rules, and regulations applicable to existing and new businesses, and supports implementation of, or revisions as a result of new or revised laws, rules, and regulations to, business practices; communicates results of analyses; coordinates extensively with Legal and with business partners.
- Develop and maintain compliance systems and processes for assigned operational compliance and/or business activity (e.g., claims and appeals review processes and procedures; customer services processes and procedures; legislative and regulatory developments; customer complaints; marketing and sales practices compliance; regulatory research and application to new and revised product and marketing). Consult with assigned business areas to provide guidance and to help establish compliance review/monitoring standards. Assist in the development of reports to evaluate and analyze compliance with established standards. Develop and execute periodic compliance testing and develop recommendations for management.
- Performs analysis of business and compliance risk and associated controls and identify/evaluate information and testing to assess effectiveness. Consult with H.O. department and distribution channel managers to develop and implement policies and procedures to address risks and maintain effective operational and compliance controls. Manage the gathering and maintenance of documentation for risk assessments associated testing
- Performs evaluations of business and compliance practices through industry benchmarking and/or "best practices" organization surveys/assessments.
- Develop and maintain system for monitoring implementation and follow-up of new and changed regulatory or operational compliance requirements. Serve as compliance subject matter expert in the development and implementation of complex business practices required by regulatory or operational compliance
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years experience with the marketing and sale of group insurance products
- Bachelor’s degree and experience with regulatory compliance for group insurance products; J.D. and bar admission strongly preferred
- Solid knowledge of ERISA and insurance laws and regulations required
- Advanced analytical/problem solving and research skills
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, analytical, and management skills
- Ability to influence senior management
- Experience working with regulators
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed. We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.