Staff Assistant, Events
Cambridge - Massachusetts (MA),
$40 per class
- Data Management & Invoice Tracking
- Partner with Finance to create and manage a streamlined process for tracking all Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS), Harvard Alumni Association (HAA) and University Development Office (UDO) event invoices.
- Actively monitor tasks and timelines for CAP events via Workfront in partnership with AA&D Events team reunions pod.
- Update content in the Master Tracker spreadsheet bi-weekly to reflect changes in the event planning process.
- Pull reports from Certain and distribute them to relevant internal campus partners and external vendors as requested.
- Track attendance for specific events when assigned.
- Staff Training & Resource Development
- Update check-in training presentation as necessary and present to full-time AA&D staff who have signed up to work reunion shifts.
- Prepare all printed materials needed for training role play activities.
- Maintain attendance records in the Harvard Training Portal.
- In partnership with the Assistant Director, produce staffing plans for full-time AA&D staff who are working reunion meal shifts updating as needed to maintain the consistency and accuracy of the information.
- Administrative Duties & Customer Service
- Take and distribute meeting minutes in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support as assigned for the Associate Director and Assistant Directors, such as data entry for internal and external vendors.
- Provide on-site service and support at events managed by the AA&D Events team.
- Contribute to assigned, department-specific special projects, which could include refining or developing organizational systems and processes.
- S/he must be able to handle highly confidential information with appropriate discretion and sensitivity.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of office and/or accounting support experience. Education may count towards experience.
- Knowledge of PCs and specifically of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential).
- Overtime required (can be significant during peak periods) including evenings and weekends. Must be able to work over Memorial Day weekend.
- BA/BS from an accredited institution preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and phone/email manner
- Ability to work well on a team, often under pressure and interact with staff, faculty, vendors, and guests professionally and with discretion as appropriate.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Strong grammar, spelling and proofreading skills are essential.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks from multiple timelines and willingness to adapt to changing priorities.
- Working knowledge of Workfront project management tool a plus.
- Database management skills encouraged.
- Job requires standing for long periods of time and the ability to lift and carry heavy objects (up to 50 pounds).
Skills testing may be a component of the interview process for this position.
The department of Alumni Affairs and Development at Harvard University is committed to diversity. We welcome applicants who bring varied experience, thought, and practice to the department’s mission to maintain and enhance an engaged community of alumni and friends worldwide and to lead the University’s fundraising efforts.
Harvard University Benefits Package
Vacation/Sick/Personal/Holidays: Harvard offers 3 (union roles) - 4 (exempt) weeks paid vacation, a paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s Day, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days each year.
Medical/Dental/Vision Benefit: Harvard offers a variety of excellent medical, dental, and vision plans which all begin on the first day of employment.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted study options through participating Harvard Graduate Schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as parking options to assist employees in their daily commute to campus.
Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complimentary health services. There are also fee-based athletic facility memberships available at various locations around the university for employees.