Athletic Trainer - Certified
Greenfield - Massachusetts (MA), 01301
Provides direct patient care in the clinic, training room and on the sideline (crutch and brace fitting and education, therapeutic exercise programming, basic movement assessments), perform simple nursing procedures (vital signs, taking medical history, blood draws), basic clerical duties (scheduling appointments, insurance authorizations), triaging emails and calls from schools, coaches, parents and patients, game coverage for local high schools, implementing computer based neurocognitive concussion testing. The applicant must be comfortable working with a full range of athletic injuries and illnesses including concussion care. The applicant must be able to work well with a team of providers and office staff. Must be able to take occasional phone consultations and work occasional weekend and evenings doing game coverage.
The AT will work assisting the physician as well as doing direct basic patient care in the clinic, in training rooms and at games.
As the program develops and grows, the AT will provide more game coverage and training room availability.
1) Proficient in Medical Assistant competencies.
2) Assist physician with procedures
3) Administer portions of concussion protocol.
4) Provide exercise counseling and functional movement assessments to patients
5) In the school or sideline setting: assess patients and create basic treatment plans and
Required Work Experience:
1) 3 years sports medicine, experience working with athletes and teams
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Basic clinical duties, musculoskeletal exam, vitals, blood draw, medical history
2) Good communication skills
3) Follows directions and prioritizes tasks
4) Uses team approach to problem solving
5) Strong knowledge of sports medicine, knowledge of taping, bracing and crutches, knowledge of insurance requirements
Bachelor of Arts (Required)
Group Fitness Instructor - Athletics and Fitness Association of America, Group Fitness Instructor - Athletics and Fitness Association of America
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.