Cost Controller, Manufacturing
Haverhill - Massachusetts (MA), 01830
Brooks Brothers Group, Inc
Founded in 1818 as a gentleman’s furnishings and haberdashery shop, Brooks Brothers is America’s oldest clothier. For nearly 200 years the brand has defined the standard of dress in America and has evolved into a global lifestyle brand offering complete apparel and accessories collections for men, women and children. Brooks Brothers products are world renowned for innovation, quality, timeless style and exceptional value. As America's oldest clothing retailer, Brooks Brothers has a long history of creating long-term relationships with both our Customers and our Associates. With 280 stores throughout the United States and Canada and more than 650 locations abroad, we continue to grow the brand with a respect for our heritage and a vision for the future.
The diversity of our operations has recently created an opportunity for a Cost Controller for our Southwick Manufacturing division. The heart of the Brooks Brothers business lies in our Suit, Tie and Dress Shirt factories located throughout the US. The Cost Controller will help impact our long term production management by analyzing inventory, controlling costs and ensuring quality sourcing of materials. This role is an integral member of the finance and manufacturing teams, identifying financial opportunities and leading improvement initiatives for our three US factories.
- Collect and evaluate data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, overhead and labor
- Provide activity-based costing metrics and allocations for materials, manufacturing and overhead costs by product category and flow
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Coordinate with Product Development and Engineering departments on the creation of Bills of Material and Bills of Labor
- Proactively analyze manufacturing costs (material, operations costs, yield and fixed costs) and advocate changes
- Prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs and variance reporting
- Provide cost and margin analysis in support of commercial pricing
- Record and analyze cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Audit costing methods and inventory flow to ensure accuracy in reporting
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintain Cost Accounting System
- Manage General Ledger account structure and financial statements
- Assist in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Conduct physical inventories and monitor cycle count program
- Reconcile monthly raw material, work in process and finished goods inventory
- Drive the development of procedures and controls that ensure meaningful and reliable product costs and accurate inventories
- Prepare financial analysis and drive improvement projects to report accurate business operations data
Skills & Requirements:
- Required: Minimum 5-7 solid years of Cost Analysis and Accounting in manufacturing environment
- Required: Manufacturing environment experience (Automotive, Mechanical or Appliance)
- Required: Activity-based Costing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have a strong costing background and sound understanding of US GAAP
- ERP experience
- Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills including Pivot tables
- Experience working with IT
The Brooks Brothers culture is rooted in our values of relationships, innovation, history, fairness and celebration and our vision to be the premiere lifestyle destination for ladies and gentleman for every generation. We are proud to offer our Associates a fulfilling work environment, unique and special benefits and a wide range of opportunities for personal and professional development.
Additionally, Brooks Brothers offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
We invite you to submit your resume for immediate consideration.
The Talent Acquisition Team of Brooks Brothers
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to a healthy and safe workplace for all.