Assoc Logistics Spec
Marlborough - Massachusetts (MA),
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for providing support for the Logistics Department in routing and scheduling of project shipments for multiple business segments and projects. The position works with freight carriers, Project Management, Supply Management and Procurement to ensure on-time and cost-effective delivery of Project Materials.Essential Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with carriers, freight forwarders and logistics management to accomplish on-time delivery of Project materials
- Identify any potential delays in the shipment of Project Materials
- Support Logistics activities as required and as requested by Logistics Management for the Massachusetts, Wisconsin and South Carolina Business Segments.
- Manage Company shipping log for all active projects and divisions
- Responsible for creating shipment files and other support documents when required
- Audit invoices to ensure that correct charges have been applied.
- Interface with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor, and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met when shipping materials.
- Negotiate and procure all transportation and services required for Ocean, Rail, Truck, and Air, both inbound and outbound, as required.
- Closely track and problem-solve schedule related issues (internally & externally) as tied to Transportation.
- Bachelor’s degree or must be currently enrolled in a Logistics or Supply Chain Management curriculum and continuing education of the same
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years of experience handling ocean and air export functions is desirable
- Prior import /export experience or training of the same
- Must have working knowledge of Customs brokers and freight forwarders