Case Manager Assistant
Springfield - Massachusetts (MA), 01199
Baystate Health is hiring a per diem Case Management Assistant at Baystate Medical Center.
What you will do:
- The Case Management Assistant will work collaboratively with patients and Case Managers to communicate and document accurate clinical and regulatory information.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to address financial advocacy for the patient/organization.
- Audit Charts for Medicare requirements and communicate regulations effectively
- Assist with follow-up appointments and telephone calls and other post acute/transitional planning care needs.
- Support coordination with representatives from insurance companies, accountable care organizations, home care agencies, skilled nursing facilities, durable medical equipment companies, and transportation
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED requires. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Two years to five years prior expereince in a health related field.
- Associates degree in Human Services Field preferred.
- Insurance/payer experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Medical Terminology.
What you need to know:
- This is a per diem position. Must be available to work between 8:00 AM- 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, occasional weekends.
- This position at Baystate Medical Center- 759 Chestnut Street, Springfield.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.