Manager, Process and Performance Improvement
Waltham - Massachusetts (MA),
NATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER)
National Grid is hiring a Continuous Improvement Manager, Business Planning and Performance, for our Gas Business Planning and Performance department in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Reporting to the Director, Continuous Improvement, the successful candidate will be responsible for progressing continuous improvement capabilities across US Gas Business Unit. Oversees process practitioners, process managers and change managers across various projects and initiatives. Supports the design and establishment of process standards and procedures to support the attainment of corporate and financial goals and requirements that reduce cost and complexity across the enterprise and align to safety and compliance standards.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement by challenge existing ways of working & continuously seek ways to do things better
- Provide guidance and coaching to team members to ensure their effective development to meet their personal aspirations and future business needs.
- Develop business readiness, align, build and improve dedicated PM capabilities, using PEX methodology and training to enable high standards for end-to-end project delivery
- Actively develop own skill set to achieve a full match with the target competencies for this role and for continuing professional development.
- Manage team workload
- Manage the hiring of direct reports and facilitate resolutions to workplace issues, including necessary disciplinary actions for direct reports.
- Oversee the filling of budgeted vacancies as needed
- Assist CI Director to improve sound project governance to ensure that US Gas only allocates resources and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and has the ability to deliver significant business results.
- Able to build good relationships at all levels across the business.
- Valid driver’s license required with a safe driving history that meets National Grid’s Safe Driver policy.
- A Bachelor’s degree required in an engineering, analytical or project management related field. Master’s Degree Preferred.
- 7+ years related professional experience with no less than 2 years of program and project management experience, and minimum 2-year management experience
- Proficiency – Microsoft Office applications
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring
and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.