Coordinator II, Technical Services
Westford - Massachusetts (MA),
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Coordinator, Technical Services corresponds directly with Division departments, personnel and accounts to plan and schedule field services through comprehensive management of calendars, travel dispatch, order requests and logistics management of tools and assets within the capital services function. The Coordinator will regularly perform data entry within a database to track, schedule and deploy service representatives. Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness. Provides process support in response to inquiries from health care professionals (HCPs) and internal personnel. Supports field and in-house management through consultation and completes other tasks as assigned.
- Performs service administrative tasks and duties by assigned products and regions in support of capital service departments.
- Develops time schedules for routine activities in the department. Ensures that the unit’s administrative needs are met in a timely and efficient manner. Ensures maintenance of essential department records.
- Interacts and collaborates across related functions including Customer Services, Operations, Sales and Commercial Operations to ensure proper transfer of work and coordination between groups and information systems.
- Executes data-entry within a service database by creating service transactions; this includes creating and closing cases, work orders and generation of reports following standard operating procedures.
- Manages central dispatch through human capital planning and deployment, assignment of on-site work orders and scheduling of field service personnel.
- Assists with logistics planning and asset management for demonstration equipment, field tools provisioning (assignment and calibration cycle management) and related product order requests.
- Facilitates general inter-departmental communications and interfacing within technical services.
- Triages technical support calls – answers calls and refers advanced, complex calls to technical support staff including partner OEM’s.
- Facilitates escalation account needs between customers, coordinators, management, field sales and field service teams.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- High School Diploma/GED or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
Minimum 4 years progressively more responsible business administrative experience.
- Requires a demonstrated knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function, company products, policies and programs, including general knowledge of the medical device industry regulations and practices/procedures.
- Requires cross-disciplinary knowledge and experience applying administrative services practices: demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and productively with others.
- Demonstrated oral and written interpersonal, communication, organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines on multiple assignments/projects. Demonstrated computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing, database management, and specialized applications that support the administrative services processes.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred. Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment. Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner. Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail. Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Occasional overtime is a requirement of this position.