Cannabis Retail Patient Care Specialists (PCA)
Woburn - Massachusetts (MA), 01801
In this role, your main responsibility will be to assist patients in selecting appropriate medical cannabis products for their needs and are the product expert on duty at the store. Patient Care Specialists engage in one-on-one interaction with patients from the time they walk into the retail area until they check out and exit the store. Compliance with applicable rules and regulations as implemented by the state is required.
Our ideal Patient Care Specialists should be friendly and upbeat, much like a barista in your favorite coffee shop. It's our hope that our patients are drawn to our Patient Care Specialists and Sanctuary because of our service, our products and our approachable and knowledgeable demeanor.
- Help customers in the retail location in accordance with Sanctuary’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
- Follow established policies for sales and customer service to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of every product and strain in the store.
- Help customers make the right choices by knowing how different methods of cannabis consumption affect our patients differently and suggesting dosage starting points and upward titration for inexperienced patients.
- Complete any work assigned during scheduled shift including:
- Correct cash handling and discount application
- Verification of proper paperwork, documentation and ID for patients
- Accurate use and maintenance of the Point Of Sale (POS) system; Accurate and timely data entry of patient profiles in both the POS system and the state's electronic verification system
- Maintenance of hard copy files (when required)
- Assistance in verifying order deliveries for accuracy
- Security measures and safety compliance
- Maintenance of an organized and clean store
- Management of visitor log
- Maintenance of open communication with the management team and other coworkers
- Reporting of employee issues or patient situations
- Provide any necessary support to the management team to ensure retail store operations run
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Recent and relevant hospitality and/or retail experience required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge and adherence to the policies, procedures and goals of Sanctuary.
- Ability to learn and understand cannabinoids and the natural function of the endocannabinoid system in the human body.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email.
- Ability to work effectively with employees, management, patients, governmental agencies, community members and the general public.
- Understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures.
- Must obtain a State Agent Card.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must pass all required background checks.
- Must be able to available to work hours of operations: 7 days a week
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance), may include sitting or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Woburn, MA (Required)
- United States (Required)