Brighton - Michigan (MI), 48116
Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores
The Store Manager is responsible for the successful operation of a Jo-Ann store location in accordance with the core competencies, guidelines, and policies set forth by the company. The Jo-Ann Store Manager is accountable for: The delivery of strong financial performance that meets and exceeds budget expectations. A superior shopping experience for the customer that includes great service and a pleasing environment. Professional development and growth of the individual Jo-Ann store team members through effective leadership, training, coaching and active mentoring. Professional leadership that ensures continuous pursuit of excellence for the store and those they lead.
- Greets every JOANN customer and uses the F.A.S.T. service model to meet the customer's needs.
- Asks open-ended questions to learn about customers' project needs and escorts them to the desired product's location.
- Engages in friendly conversation with customers about their projects while serving them at the cutting counter, cash register, and sales floor".
- A clean and well maintained store environment.
- Knowledgeable, friendly and well-trained team members.
- Proper staffing to meet customer expectations and needs.
- Superior and consistent store conditions.
- Instill a sense of urgency throughout the operation.
- Motivate the employees to higher levels of personal and team performance.
- Establishes and fosters positive business relationships with all team members.
- Individual and group training for all tasks and cross-training that ensures sustainability.
- Retention and promotion of team members demonstrating strong personal leadership and a drive for results.
- A focus on driving profitable sales through superior in-stocks, active selling, effective merchandising, and superior customer service.
- Attainment of gross profit that meets and exceeds budget.
- Control of inventory shrink in-line with expectations.
- Store Productivity and control of labor expenses and all associated metrics.
- Proper control over store expenses and supply use.
- Full focus on all controllable store expenses.
- Sees possibility and stays in pursuit of continual improvement.
- Maintains a disciplined eye for detail that reflects in how their store is presented each day.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with customers, suppliers and other Jo-Ann team members.
- Protects and is an ambassador for the Jo-Ann brand.
- Holds self and those around them accountable for superior performance and results in all that they do.
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefit plans available
- Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Qualified to participate in JOANN’s 401(k) Retirement Plan with an employer % match
- Bonus program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Discount
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Proficient in the use of computers, including: MS Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), POS and Inventory Management Systems.
- Must have the ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Demonstrate a “customer first” service focus.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills/proficient written and verbal communication abilities.
- In-depth knowledge of retail financials and the ability to manage a P&L line-by-line.
- Naturally curious and inquisitive nature with a desire to learn and grow.
- Self-starter who promotes action and maintains sense of urgency to achieve results.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Education Minimum: Must be 18 years or older and have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience Minimum: 2+ years of progressive retail management experience
- Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break time).
- Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout shift.
- Read written instructions, reports, and other information on paper and computer screens.
- Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
- Use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal response).
- Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins, etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor.
- Individually lift up to 49 pounds, and group lift up to 97 pounds (under 2# on a constant basis, 10# on a frequent basis, 10#-49# on an occasional basis, and 50#-97# group lifts on an infrequent basis).
- Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
- Bend down and reach above head.
- Climb and descend ladder.
This position will be located at:8449 W Grand River Ave Brighton, MI 48116-2324
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.