Grosse Pointe - Michigan (MI),
You’ve been told you’re a “people person” and you place great value in building strong relationships. You find satisfaction in helping others and offering sound advice. As a self-starter, you enjoy working independently but as part of a well-structured, team environment. Making the most out of every opportunity is who you are.
These are just some of the reasons why you are a great fit for a career as a Relationship Banker at Citizens.
As a Relationship Banker, you’re at the forefront of customer interactions as part of a branch-based team. You will leverage your communication skills and banking knowledge to engage with customers. By understanding a customer’s needs, you will provide financial solutions and advice to resolve issues and help customers achieve their financial goals.
A Day in the Life of a Relationship Banker
- Work closely with new and existing customers to understand their financial needs and deepen relationships
- Provide recommendations and assist customers with a wide-array of financial solutions to satisfy their spending, saving and borrowing needs
- Leverage problem-solving and strong communication skills to resolve customer issues
- Collaborate with branch colleagues and partners to support and refer customers with more complex financial needs
- Open new accounts and perform teller transactions to meet the needs of the customer
- Ensure compliance with all financial policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Achieve outstanding performance by providing superior relationship banking and customer service
- Be the face of Citizens Bank, presenting a professional, friendly and helpful appearance with every interaction
What can we offer you?
- Career growth opportunities in Retail, Business Banking or Wealth Management, including, but not limited to, Small Business Relationship Banker, Licensed Relationship Banker and Branch Manager based on success in this front-line role
- Strong recognition and incentive programs based on your achievements
- Training, strategies and tools to support your personal growth and the development of strong customer relationships
- Collaborative workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as Medical & Dental, along with a 401K with corporate match
What qualifications are we looking for?
- High School degree or GED required
- 2 years of sales and customer service experience
- Minimum of 1 year cash handling experience preferred
- Strong listening and customer service skills; skilled in making outbound calls
- Ability to effectively engage with customers and identify needs to enhance the customer relationship
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to customer issues
- Desire to build strong relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists through collaboration
- Self-motivated, confident, and ability to multitask effectively
- Willingness to work branch hours, which can include weekends and evenings
- Experience in retail, hospitality or banking industry is highly desired
- If selected, candidates must meet and comply with all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including, but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining a Unique Identifier from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Varies with branch needs and may include Saturdays
Why Work for Us At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth. Equal Employment Opportunity It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.