Lansing - Michigan (MI),
Continental Building Co.
PROJECT LOCATIONS: CENTRAL MICHIGAN & OHIO
We are seeking a Construction Superintendent for projects located in Lansing, Michigan and Toledo, Ohio.
Minimum years of experience in managing and leading construction activities.
Multifamily, hospitality or student housing experience, and a strong concrete background, is beneficial. Proven
track record of completing projects on‐time and within budget.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned individual or construction professional interested in advancing their
career. Continental Building Co. fosters a culture of safety, quality, and support ‐ including an advanced
Competitive wages based on experience and performance‐based bonus structure. Travel compensation and a
generous benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance, PTO, 401k with employer
match, and Wellness Program.
Within the framework of Continental Building Company’s core values, the Construction Superintendent is the principal
on-site company representative who directs, coordinates, and controls the subcontracted work. He/she is
committed to excellence, responsible for knowing and understanding the details of the project, and collaborates
with the Project Manager to ensure that the project is built effectively and efficiently. A Project Superintendent
solves disputes in the field in a courteous and professional manner utilizing the specifications and drawings along
with schedules and contracts to resolve fairly and in the best interest of the project. He/she is capable of
managing field operations on a project independently while promoting the company’s overall expectations
regarding schedule, budget, quality, safety, and client relations.
- Provide on-site supervision of subcontractors
- Ensure that the health and safety plans are developed, communicated, implemented, and enforced.
in the development of improvement procedures.
- Conduct subcontractor orientation and expectations meetings at on-set of project and as required
- Develop site logistics plans along with the Project Manager and/or Project Executive
- Ensure that the budget is followed in terms of purchases and wages
- Plans for and uses resources efficiently, always looks for ways to reduce costs while maintaining quality
- Organize the workers and ensure that they are performing as required to meet schedule and budget,
- Liaise with government inspectors on the standard requirements of the site in terms of licenses and safety
- Ensure quality control in the field as in adherence to CBC’s QA/QC program. Coordinate custom mock-ups
being placed on the punch list
- Write daily reports and project progress records in coordination with the foreman and Project Manager
- Continuously monitor subcontractor productivity and percentage complete, identifying problems and
- Ensure work schedules are maintained and the project records are completed properly and submitted in a
To perform the job successfully, the Project Superintendent must demonstrate the following:
- Integrity: Adheres to high ethical standards. Helps to maintain the company's reputation. Uses discretion
- Professionalism: Consistently demonstrates a high-level of professionalism that represents the company’s
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own mistakes and works to correct them. Able to meet required
- Adaptability: Adapts quickly to change. Copes with the pressure of time, responsibility and work load
- Execution: Delivers on commitments in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner to ensure results are
- Strategic: Able to develop and implement creative strategies for long-term company gain
- Critical Thinking: Able to use sound judgement and deductive reasoning in situations that require
- Quality: Work is professional, accurate and complete; shows attention to detail
- Passion: Demonstrates positive energy and attitude
- Communications: Keeps supervisors and others informed of important work related items
- Teamwork: Has good listening skills, respects others and builds strong working relationships
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree in construction related field is preferred. Minimum years of experience as a commercial construction
superintendent is required. Must be capable of supervising large-scale commercial construction projects with
multiple subcontractors, trades and equipment provisions. Skills and knowledge must include:
- Line & grade
- Knowledge of all divisions of work
- Scheduling, sequencing, phasing of work
- Sequencing and organizing trades
Computer software experience is desired, including Microsoft Office and Bluebeam. Some travel may be necessary
Reports to Vice President over project or Senior Superintendent, if applicable. Works closely with and takes
direction from Project Manager, Project Executive and Field Executive. This position may have supervisory
responsibilities over Field Superintendents, Foremen and laborers.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
Must have valid driver's license and a good driving record