Lansing - Michigan (MI), 48910
LAN10-McLaren Grtr Lansing-Hospital
Estimated salary $14.07 an hour
Imaging Intern- (21000201)
Under the direction of a registered radiologic technologist and/or manager, performs diagnostic x-ray procedures requiring direct supervision.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Identifies each patient and reviews each patient’s requisition, for consistency of examination ordered with clinical diagnosis and physician’s order.
- Prepares patient for examination and explains procedure to the patient while performing studies.
- Records pertinent data on radiologic requisition at all times. (tech initials, explanation for limited exam, patient complaint, etc).
- Upon completion of exam, reviews each exam for technical accuracy. Identifies anatomical orientation on all required images, and ensures proper film identification on all images. Consults with staff technologist when needed.
- Uses appropriate devices to obtain permanent record of examination.
- Assesses patient condition, ensures patient safety through proper use of restraint/support devices.
- Recognizes electronic
Maintains departmental paperwork.
Performs other related duties as required and directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of formal education or training beyond high school diploma or GED.
- Must have completed one year of two year accredited radiology training program; has not yet graduated.
- BLS certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Primary Location Michigan-Lansing-McLaren Greater Lansing
Work Locations McLaren Greater Lansing 401 W Greenlawn Ave Lansing 48910
Organization LAN10-McLaren Grtr Lansing-Hospital
Employee Status Regular
Job Type Standard
Job Level Entry Level
Schedule Per Diem
On Call Yes