MEDICAL ASSISTANT - PULMONARY/SLEEP MEDICINE (JAIN)
Monroe - Michigan (MI), 48162
This is a Part-Time position working in both the Oregon, OH and Toledo, OH offices for the practice.
Assist physician(s) with patient treatment, prepares patient for physician(s), and performs various clerical duties.
Works under the supervision of the Office Manager
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist Drs. with patient care (i.e.: assisting with minor procedures/surgeries such as removing sutures, staples, moles, etc.).
2. Various clerical duties (i.e.: answering phones, scheduling appointments, handling patient charts, etc.).
3. Escorting patients to exam room.
4. Preparing exam rooms.
5. Preparing patient for Drs. (i.e.: histories, blood pressure, vitals, etc.).
6. Sterilizing and preparing instruments.
7. At the request of the physician, calling in prescription refills.
8. Order and maintain exam room supplies and instruments.
9. Follow up with lab work and/or xrays.
10. Administering injections.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Consistently arrives at work, in professional attire, on time and completes all tasks within established time frame.
- Seeks appropriate tasks when primary tasks are completed and assists co-workers as needed.
- Demonstrates adaptability to expanded roles.
- Credentialed as a Medical Assistant (i.e.: CMA or RMA)
- Medical Assisting degree or diploma from an accredited school required.
- Clinical medical assisting experience preferred.