Wixom - Michigan (MI),
Estimated salary $13.70 - $15.10 an hour
Are you looking to build your career with an exciting industry? Are you looking to become a part of a growing world class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Target Specialty Products is proud to be a leading wholesale distributor of specialty agricultural chemicals, application equipment, products, supplies, services and education. Target serves the entire United States from 43 conveniently located branch locations and provides products and services to the following industries, in both the private and public sector: structural pest control, landscape construction and maintenance, golf course maintenance and turf-grass maintenance, production nursery, industrial vegetation management, aquatic, forestry and vector control.
What do our Purchasing Administrator's do?
This position will be responsible to provide support to the procurement team by carrying out general administrative duties. The role involves creating and updating items and vendors, sometimes making purchase orders, updating records, and responding to order issues. Assisting in the day to day upkeep of critical elements of the procurement department. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Creating New vendors and new item setup
- Facilitating flow of materials between various departments and parties.
- Working with payables, operations and buyers to close out open invoicing and purchase order issues
- Provide support in maintaining item records for accurate description, cost, uom
- Meeting and collaborating with management to assess reliability of suppliers and vendors, and to identify solutions for ongoing problems.
- Performing clerical duties, and maintaining accurate records and files of activities.
- Liaising with vendors from time to time to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Reviewing and updating critical lead times, min levels, etc in the buying calendar to facilitate more accurate data.
- Working on various ad hoc projects
- Following established guidelines, instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Working with category managers to provide pricing maintenance support.
What do you need?
- High school diploma or GED, college preferred
- One year accounting and/or purchasing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Outgoing, Energetic and Persistent
- Relationship/Consultative Selling
- Trustworthy and able to work independently with minimal
Professional Appearance & Demeanor: Business Casual Attire
Comfortable speaking with and presenting to individuals and small groups
Proficient Computer Skills: Internet, email, contact management software and smart phone operation
Excellent verbal and written communication
Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass motor vehicle record search.
Why Choose Target Specialty Products?
A career with Target is exactly that - a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world class team that rewards high performance. We offer competitive pay on a bi-weekly pay schedule and many of our roles offer incentives based on performance and providing exceptional customer experience.
Below you'll find information about some of what Target Specialty Products has to offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits when they meet certain criteria.
- Professional and Personal Growth:
- Robust Paid Training & Professional Development Path
- Opportunity to grow - We love to promote from within!
- Fantastic Tuition Reimbursement benefits & Scholarship Programs (for FT Colleagues)
- Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts for Health-care or Dependent Care Expenses
- Outstanding Company-Paid Short Term Disability
- Access to Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program that offers services such as free counseling services, will preparation, discounts to health clubs, and other benefits
- Company-paid sick time
- Savings & Retirement:
- 401(k) retirement plan with highly-competitive company-matching contributions
- Holiday Savings Club option with company-matching funds
- Employee Discounts (includes many offerings, including cellular/mobile service, health clubs, and more)
- Work-Life Balance:
- Vacation Days & sick days
- Company-Paid Holidays & Floating Holidays
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?
Target Specialty Products is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equality in every aspect of employment. As we expand, we are focused on building a foundation of diverse talent and equality in all areas of our workforce. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.